VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

If you recall, it was the Shapiro era that started turning the park in to a mall with excessive advertising, temporary carts and promotional stands every 100 feet, chain-like concessions including Johnny Rockets, Papa Johns and Cold Stone, ugly billboards like the Geico water tower ad, etc. Not to mention that this was all done at the expense of any substantial additions and the removal of so many of the park's most liked family rides.

It's true that he brought that to its apex, but it's the Premier folks who started it. Either way, I see you on the point that he hurt theming overall with those tie-ins, but I was just saying that, independent of that, he spent some money and effort on building true themed attractions, even though they failed. I give credit to the current management team for making a cool-looking B:TR queue at SFFT, at least. Their aspirations were clearly more modest, for better or worse.

I don't understand all the hype about B:TR at SFFT. I mean the theming looks cool and all but it looks too short. Idk I have never ridden a 4D coaster so. But I would rather have what Railer said fix things up this year and next year and in 2017 we get a BIG coaster

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46317&hilit=sfft&start=4990

They're in this report. There are some more around the internet if you look. It's definitely cool looking, but is very light on storytelling (and also the signs and sets are way too close to the queue path and will be defaced (and obviously not maintained/restored) in no time).

• Like 1

After seeing a full POV of Justice League: Battle For Metropolis, I would love to see a dark ride in the old 4D theatre themed to some superhero. This could possibly be a tie in with the new DC movies. There are already Superman and Green Lantern in that area so it would only add to the superhero theme of the area.

Been a slightly active user for a while now. After reading through this year's comments on this thread, I am just as sad as the rest of you to see the Lakefront die out, but I think it's time to move on. I'm personally glad to see Fort Independence go, as it has rotted for quite some time now, and the Grandstand and its lake shows are a thing of the past.

Regarding a new attraction for 2016...I've been thinking, and of course, like most thoughts here, it involves The Chiller's station. However, I don't think it'll be a wing coaster, RMC, etc. Batman vs. Superman comes to theaters next year. Now that Rolling Thunder is gone, I think that we may see a new dueling coaster themed off of Batman vs. Superman. They obviously have the correct station for it, and I've seen the people going in and out of the place more than ever. I've also overheard vague conversations about the Stunt Arena being reopened.

One last remark: I'd LOVE to see Autobahn reopen, being a true free for all, unlike Fender Benders' track layout, and I don't see why it wouldn't, as it's the only thing left standing over there (unless I'm forgetting something) with the removal of the Musik Express.

^ I was actually going to post that, I was truly surprised at how good the ride is when I watched the video. It's not sure if it's Universal level but it's at least close to it.

It would be a perfect addition for 2017!

When we do get a "Justice League" i'm pretty sure it will be in our Simulator Building. They have a little space around it to expand the 1st floor if needed along the rear and opposite side of the "Go Carts". But after seeing "Justice League", and hearing what the review's are of those who experienced it, i am sure we will be getting one. The cost will be cheaper to make the "clones" of them too, but with all the other work that our Park is having done this this season, i don't think it's 2016 for us. But never know, we did go WAY "cheap" this year, even with the remodeling work they have been doing thoughout the park now. A "new" Lakefront with no major new ride, just new shopping/dining option's, and a "Justice League" in the Boardwalk could work. With what we know is going to be done so far with the demolition, it does sort of narrow it down a little. But there are many diff ways the park could go still.

Been a slightly active user for a while now. After reading through this year's comments on this thread, I am just as sad as the rest of you to see the Lakefront die out, but I think it's time to move on. I'm personally glad to see Fort Independence go, as it has rotted for quite some time now, and the Grandstand and its lake shows are a thing of the past.

Regarding a new attraction for 2016...I've been thinking, and of course, like most thoughts here, it involves The Chiller's station. However, I don't think it'll be a wing coaster, RMC, etc. Batman vs. Superman comes to theaters next year. Now that Rolling Thunder is gone, I think that we may see a new dueling coaster themed off of Batman vs. Superman. They obviously have the correct station for it, and I've seen the people going in and out of the place more than ever. I've also overheard vague conversations about the Stunt Arena being reopened.

One last remark: I'd LOVE to see Autobahn reopen, being a true free for all, unlike Fender Benders' track layout, and I don't see why it wouldn't, as it's the only thing left standing over there (unless I'm forgetting something) with the removal of the Musik Express.

i didnt even think of this but it would be a great attraction, but would need theming like crazy.

We are definitley getting something in the Chiller station this year. People have been going in and out of there crazy, they demolished the Musik Express which was right behind it, Old Country is occasionally open, last year was the last ACE tour for the Chiller, and plus we are due for a new, unique coaster. My guess is they could go with a 4D, a Wing Coaster, or a dueling coaster themed to Batman Vs Superman. The coaster will definitley have two different trains on opposite sides. If I had to put one bet I would say wing coaster. I dont think we will get an RMC coaster for awhile, maybe 2018 or 2019. And in 2017 or 2018 we will get the JL dark ride. Im pretty sure that Old Country is ready to reopen, as ads for HiTP are in the area, so im guessing it will be open for that.

I had stated in a previous post years ago that SF always adds a new coaster/attraction/show for every Batman movie that comes out. The exception came in 2012 when nothing was made for The Dark Knight Rises. And as much as I could see SF doing a Batman v Supernan attraction I doubt it would come to our park because we do have two coasters themed after both those heroes (technically three including TDKC). A funny thought is that if this was a decade ago and we were going to add the chiller they probably would have themed the ride Batman v Superman

We are definitley getting something in the Chiller station this year. People have been going in and out of there crazy, they demolished the Musik Express which was right behind it, Old Country is occasionally open, last year was the last ACE tour for the Chiller, and plus we are due for a new, unique coaster. My guess is they could go with a 4D, a Wing Coaster, or a dueling coaster themed to Batman Vs Superman. The coaster will definitley have two different trains on opposite sides. If I had to put one bet I would say wing coaster. I dont think we will get an RMC coaster for awhile, maybe 2018 or 2019. And in 2017 or 2018 we will get the JL dark ride. Im pretty sure that Old Country is ready to reopen, as ads for HiTP are in the area, so im guessing it will be open for that.

1.) They occasionally open the Old Country pathway when they have large groups using the Caterging Grove back there, so they don't have to walk all the way around through Movie Town.

2) I was the one who organized the tour of Chiller last year. (It was for Gadv Online, not ACE) I asked to tour chiller, there was no hint or push from the park pointing us towards Chiller.

3) As jdc12192 has posted previously, one of this year's new Fright Fest Terror Trails was supposed to be inside the Chiller station. That is not the case anymore, and I don't think the reason has been made public.

EDIT: My point for no. 3 was that anything (work, hints, etc.) concerning chiller up until a few months ago was for the trail.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

If I remember correctly, it was just as one-way as Fender Benders for many years before closing.

If i recall correctly, I remember there was a rumor that we were supposed to be getting a RMC that went over the lake and a tunnel under the water which was easily dismissed, but what if that was the original plan for 2015 and they decided to delay it for 2016? (minus the tunnel under the lake which I don't see being approved or happening) Imagine RMC maybe finally making a steel coaster that's taller then nitro and Goliath at SFGAM (something like 250') going from BBNP all the way to Congo Rapids on the edge of the lake that would be sick!! Also, if this is the case I would expect to see them use a similar lift support structure like Goliath's which will give a nice view of the lake. I think it will compliment our line up very nicely and this is just an idea not a new rumor I heard or anything. This could be a possibility. If it's a coaster then my money is on a RMC or S&S free spin which will have an original layout.

Edited by truepolak90

With the little "above ground" Pool now being drained behind the Stadium, besides the utility mark's, that is the 1st real evidence to back up what the Surveyor's, and a supervisior told me. Whatever it is that we are getting is coming in the Lakefront, and with that location it could be anything at this point. The thing i will be looking for now until the announcement is made, is the RMC guy's in the park. For every Coaster they do, they send out their own Surveyor's 2 to 4 month's before they start working on a site. And i am going to keep trying to get info from RMC on their Facebook Page. I have a couple "creative" ways to try and see if they are going to be working in NJ anytime soon. They always hire local contractor's on every job, on top of their 35-40 workers that they send out on Coaster build's.

With the little "above ground" Pool now being drained behind the Stadium, besides the utility mark's, that is the 1st real evidence to back up what the Surveyor's, and a supervisior told me. Whatever it is that we are getting is coming in the Lakefront, and with that location it could be anything at this point. The thing i will be looking for now until the announcement is made, is the RMC guy's in the park. For every Coaster they do, they send out their own Surveyor's 2 to 4 month's before they start working on a site. And i am going to keep trying to get info from RMC on their Facebook Page. I have a couple "creative" ways to try and see if they are going to be working in NJ anytime soon. They always hire local contractor's on every job, on top of their 35-40 workers that they send out on Coaster build's.

Good luck!

According to people at SFNE Online, Alan Schilke said RMC is slated for only one SF addition in 2016. SFMM, SFFT, SFOT, SFNE, SFGAM and SFM are 99% likely out of the picture due to already having an RMC. That leaves SFOG, SFA, SFStl, La Ronde, TGE and us as possible suitors.

Off the bat, I highly doubt TGE is a serious contender. La Ronde could Iron Horse Monstre, but as of now there are 0 markings, and that would be a massive project like TC. I kind of doubt SF would pump that much money into one La Ronde. SFStl has a prime Iron Horse candidate in The Boss, but after a major attraction with JL I don't believe they will see anything major for 2016.

To me, that leaves SFOG, SFA and us. The 2 rumors going around for SFOG is water park expansion and RMC. I could definitely see them Iron Horsing the Georgia Cyclone after the success of WC, and they haven't seen many major coaster additions the last decade. SFA has seen no brand new coasters in an extremely long time, so I could see them adding a custom RMC, although like TGE and La Ronde it is one of SF's ugly step children.

And then, there is us. We are the only park that has seen early signs of major construction with the markings by the lake as well as OC. We are a flagship park that had a down year spending-wise in 2015 and have seen only 1 major coaster the last decade. Lastly, RMC guys were spotted last year in our park, which is when the initial phase of planning generally starts. The only facts holding me back are the strong rumor that we were supposed to add a 4D last season but it was cancelked due to Zumanjaro going over budget, and the width of land they would have to work with by the lake.

Overall, it comes down to SFOG, SFStl, SFA and us, IMO. Right now I think we have the best shot based on the facts thus far.

• Like 1

Yes! I see SFOG and SFA getting a waterpark expansion especially since SFOG's waterpark is fairly new it would make sense to have it grow, they could use a lazy river and few other slides. My only concern with a RMC is the service road behind Skull Mountain as well as the rides that are next to it. We also did hear a rumor last season that they were originally planning to put a rmc in as well.

^^I believe RMC said they have one Six Flags conversion for 2016 (before rising the price of the conversions); they didn't say anything about ground-up coaster :D! The only SF park that could get a ground-up RMC seems to be us, but of course there is whatever Dollywood is getting so they may be booked for 2016. Though, they did recently find a way to increase their production, so 3 RMC's in one year is possible, i'm really just not sure at all what they'll be doing for next year

Good luck!

According to people at SFNE Online, Alan Schilke said RMC is slated for only one SF addition in 2016. SFMM, SFFT, SFOT, SFNE, SFGAM and SFM are 99% likely out of the picture due to already having an RMC. That leaves SFOG, SFA, SFStl, La Ronde, TGE and us as possible suitors.

Off the bat, I highly doubt TGE is a serious contender. La Ronde could Iron Horse Monstre, but as of now there are 0 markings, and that would be a massive project like TC. I kind of doubt SF would pump that much money into one La Ronde. SFStl has a prime Iron Horse candidate in The Boss, but after a major attraction with JL I don't believe they will see anything major for 2016.

To me, that leaves SFOG, SFA and us. The 2 rumors going around for SFOG is water park expansion and RMC. I could definitely see them Iron Horsing the Georgia Cyclone after the success of WC, and they haven't seen many major coaster additions the last decade. SFA has seen no brand new coasters in an extremely long time, so I could see them adding a custom RMC, although like TGE and La Ronde it is one of SF's ugly step children.

And then, there is us. We are the only park that has seen early signs of major construction with the markings by the lake as well as OC. We are a flagship park that had a down year spending-wise in 2015 and have seen only 1 major coaster the last decade. Lastly, RMC guys were spotted last year in our park, which is when the initial phase of planning generally starts. The only facts holding me back are the strong rumor that we were supposed to add a 4D last season but it was cancelked due to Zumanjaro going over budget, and the width of land they would have to work with by the lake.

Overall, it comes down to SFOG, SFStl, SFA and us, IMO. Right now I think we have the best shot based on the facts thus far.

You forgot about SFDK but I doubt that roar will be getting the iron horse treatment. RMC said that they are building 3 RMCs in 2016 they are already building Wildfire in 2016 so that lives two left which will most likely be in the Six Flags chain. Six Flags has put 2 RMCs at one of their parks for the past two years. Goliath and Medusa Steel Coaster - 2014. Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone - 2015. So next year for 2016 I think the two RMCs would be an iron house treatment for Georgia Cyclone at SFOG and a ground-up RMC for our park SFGAV Edited by TopThrills