VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

We don't need a giga. The first US megalite on the other hand...

I'd be very happy with that. They look like they are great coasters.

^ I'd love a mega-lite! They look really fun and would add to our collection.

^^ I agree, I don't think we need any more B&Ms. With all the other types of coasters out there, such as mega lites, multi launchers, RMCs, and the 4Ds, there definitely isn't a shortage of other coasters to build that are within Six Flags's price range.

The next thing you know were going to see coaster accounts on instagram that have read this forum telling everyone that a mega-lite is confirmed to be coming to Great Adventure :Yuck: I swear they predict every fricken ride they hear just so they can say "I was right!" if we really do get such ride.

• Like 1

^I actually saw that. lol Are you from the future?

^^It seems that everyone wants to be the one with "breaking news" these days. This leads to a huge amount of incorrect or inaccurate info floating about, and with social media the problem is only worse. It doesn't seem like this will go away any time soon though.

I truly see us getting a launched premier still. It is thrilling and would match up with Fitzgerald's plans to revitalize dead sections.

That would be a good addition in my opinion. A good launched premier to re open Old Country.

^I actually saw that. lol Are you from the future?

^^It seems that everyone wants to be the one with "breaking news" these days. This leads to a huge amount of incorrect or inaccurate info floating about, and with social media the problem is only worse. It doesn't seem like this will go away any time soon though.

I have heard so much crazy stuff from social media lately. I caught some crap from people for posting "breaking" news, but all my info has been correct. I've had some of the detail's wrong a couple times, and i'll be the 1st to admit if it's wrong, or inaccurate. But that's why i like posting it here, because then alot of the times we can get to the bottom of it, and sort out the fact from fiction, and get the detail's straight.

But i am starting to hear that the re-birth of the "Lakefront" is just the start of some big changes coming in the Park. If the "dueler" does not show up at any other park in the chain for 2016, it will tell alot. And at that point (2017) if it is for us, it would be the 3rd "coaster" (i'm counting "El Diablo" because they are promoting it as a "entry level" Coaster) in 3yrs, at every thrill-level (Total Mayhem will be promoted as a Family Coaster) 2017 is going to be about bringing back Movietown/Old Country to what it once was.

If Great Adventure does indeed get a 4D Free Spin, it will not be marketed as a family coaster whatsoever. How does "Total Mayhem" even sound like a family coaster? The ride is tall and imposing, and the unique feature of the ride is the manner in which it "randomly" inverts riders. Nothing about this ride is family-oriented and Six Flags knows that.

Just my opinion--if Great Adventure gets a Free Spin in 2016, there will absolutely not be a new coaster in 2017. Dark ride? Maybe, but more likely family attractions.

To be honest, I personally would not mind a GCI coaster coming to Great Adventure. It doesn't have to be the tallest or fastest, a ride like Apocalypse at SFMM would be great (somewhere between 85-100ft tall), but it would be fun, especially for people who are not yet tall enough or ready for rides like El Toro, Bizarro, or Nitro, and want a step up in intensity from Blackbeard or RMT, Especially now since Rolling Thunder is gone. It could go in the Old Country/Chiller area and open up that area, or even along the Lake front and just be a very fun coaster. Do I think it will happen? In all likelyhood at this point no. But just wishful thinking on my part.

Free-Spin's only have a 48in height requirement. They are classified as "high-thrill", but they will promote it for all. We will get a "Justice League" eventually, but right now the priority is bringing the "dead" part's of the park back. Now the family Flat rides could be a possibility for "Movietown/Old Country" in 2017, since we already have "Batman: The Ride", "The Dark Knight" & "Nitro" in there (i never have considered Nitro a part of Movietown, but the Park does) but that area will be the focus in 2017, that i am sure of. Time will tell.

The fact that we are probably going to get an S&S 4D Free Spin just makes me feel down inside. I honestly have been wanting a Dive Machine for awhile now and I think we should totally get one for our park. It would fit great and we have a pretty good amount of family rides already so in my opinion it would be a great addition to our park. Sometimes I prefer going to some other parks such as Hersheypark and Dorney Park as they are constantly investing in good thrills.

Edited by Tower

I know it has probably been said before, but one thing that the freespin model does have is that certain "wow!" factor to it. When SFFT announced their Batman: The Ride, millions of people throughout the country were talking about how cool it looked. Even people who I didn't even know liked amusement parks were saying "did you see that new batman ride? It looks so scary." If it is built here, it would definately be a very unique ride to this side of the country and many will be drawn to it just to say that they rode it.

I know it has probably been said before, but one thing that the freespin model does have is that certain "wow!" factor to it. When SFFT announced their Batman: The Ride, millions of people throughout the country were talking about how cool it looked. Even people who I didn't even know liked amusement parks were saying "did you see that new batman ride? It looks so scary." If it is built here, it would definately be a very unique ride to this side of the country and many will be drawn to it just to say that they rode it.

Because it was the first one made. People flip whenever there is the first of anything, but once you use it and realize it's not all that it's hyped up to be, you stop talking about it.

I guess you have a point, but like YoungPup said it was the first ride of it's kind. I understand it can bring some thrills but it lasts 20-30 seconds. i guess any new coaster would be good, but a S&s is not as good as I would hope.

Now that most of the other major parks in the chain have caught up with us, (Though no park can really top our lineup besides maybe Magic Mountain depending on your opinion) I think it's definitely our turn to get a high quality thrill ride. Though an S&S Free Spin would be ok, it seems sorta gimmicky to me. I prefer a traditional coaster that focuses on ride experience rather than records and gimmicks

Now that most of the other major parks in the chain have caught up with us, (Though no park can really top our lineup besides maybe Magic Mountain depending on your opinion) I think it's definitely our turn to get a high quality thrill ride. Though an S&S Free Spin would be ok, it seems sorta gimmicky to me. I prefer a traditional coaster that focuses on ride experience rather than records and gimmicks

I couldn't agree more with your post, that's exactly how I feel. I don't feel that a S&S free spin coaster is that good, I mean it can fit in our park but honestly we already have a lot of First of their kind rides in our park such as Bizarro. We deserve something thrilling and pleasing, and based on whether Six Flags has done this before and how it fits in our park, a B&M Wing Rider or a Premier Rides launch coaster would be perfect.

Maybe it's just me but I can't figure out why people are so hung up on a wing rider. I would be ok with having one as well, but I heard positive and 'meh' reviews and now they are getting more common so they're not such a rare commodity anymore. It's also another b&m,making it 6 for us... How different would it feel compared to GL and bizarro?

Yes a free spin may be a gimmick and may not LOOK super thrilling, but there's only one other in the world and unlike a wing rider, a rare experience. They seem like an over all 'fun' ride that would provide a equal amount of 'thrill' and fun. They also seem like it provides a different ride each time depending on the seat and who you ride with. Some people aren't on board with the idea now, but if it does become a reality we all know we all will probably be ok and accepting of it.

We are due for something which I think we are all in agreement with, so we should just be happy with what we get--assuming it's something big.

^ They look really slow, after the first few rides trying different seat's the re-rideability drops way off on Wingrider's. The idea of a launched one was pretty good until that Survey came along with the other concept that blow's the idea of a Wingrider away. The S&S will be a fun ride, and i think the Theme will add to that compared to what's out there already (Batman) and it's something totally different than anything else we have.