VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I'll take the link to the survey. We DO need more Superhero rides, because we started that theme, why not finish it?.....Our park needs more Theming......

Agree with more theming, However, yes they started the superhero theme and shouldn't finish or continue it because none of it fits except for Batman and DK. Adding yet another superhero ride in lakefront or elsewhere besides movietown would be more incomplete theming. The park needs ride names that fit in its designated area.

^^I disagree. Superhero themes are cheesy and often poorly done. I'm tired of "Superman" and the like. It's all the same to me, in the end.

Fantasy Forest is arguably the park's most famous themes section, with some of the only hints of the origins, the soul of Great Adventure. This is the area with the carousel and Yum Yum cafe, and it was split in 2012 with the addition of Adventure Alley.

Edited by Password121

I'd be upset if RMT was removed since it's the original coaster for the park and a good family coaster. Also it would be really strange to say Batman The Ride is the oldest running coaster in the park.

Agree with more theming, However, yes they started the superhero theme and shouldn't finish or continue it because none of it fits except for Batman and DK. Adding yet another superhero ride in lakefront or elsewhere besides movietown would be more incomplete theming. The park needs ride names that fit in its designated area.

What they should have done is never change Medusa to Bizarro. When they moved Chang to here instead of calling it Green Lantern they would name it Bizarro so it would be Superman and Bizarro right next to each other.

As I stated on the other topic, here it is again.....

2004 - Viper

2007- The Chiller

2010- GASM

2013- Rolling Thunder

2016- ?

Anyone see a pattern ;(? An El Toro Worker told me that RMT may be next on the chopping block but nothing may be removed in 2016 at all!

Viper was removed in 2005.

These "trends" mean absolutely nothing at all. Coaster additions, especially removals, are carefully calculated and thought out changes. They did not decide "let's remove a coaster every three years," but rather "we should responsibly remove older, less popular coasters when they are beyond their useful lifespan and do not properly serve their purpose."

Unless they plan to replace RMT with a new, more worthwhile addition in it's spot, it's not leaving. Period.

• Like 1

Viper was removed in 2005.

These "trends" mean absolutely nothing at all. Coaster additions, especially removals, are carefully calculated and thought out changes. They did not decide "let's remove a coaster every three years," but rather "we should responsibly remove older, less popular coasters when they are beyond their useful lifespan and do not properly serve their purpose."

Unless they plan to replace RMT with a new, more worthwhile addition in it's spot, it's not leaving. Period.

Viper CLOSED in 2004. And i was just pointing out that they had been removing a coaster every 3 years. But Im still sad to see that 2 of those coasters havent been replaced ; (

An addition to Hurricane Harbor that I've been hoping for for a long time is something like Banzai Pipelines. I have ridden one of those rides before and they are awesome. I would love to see them at Great Adventure's Hurricane Harbor.

I'll take the link to the survey. We DO need more Superhero rides, because we started that theme, why not finish it? I don't want another "Looping Dragon" name, which is completely irrelevant to anything in our park. Our park needs more Theming, so unless the next ride is going to be part of a new section (Some of you guys are saying "Fantasy Forest" or something, I'm not sure if that's already a section in our park, or if you're saying it will be), which I can't see happening if they're putting the new ride where the Grandstand is because it's not a big section unless they flatten out everything there, I prefer another Superhero ride.

I would put it here but the link no longer works for some reason.

The link to the survey actually works now. Click here

EDIT: Now that we have a sense of how massive this space is, It actually may not be an S&S Free Fly after all. What else it could be is the question though.

Edited by KK456