VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I'm heading to Hurricane Harbor with my Kids for the Day. On the way out, i may swing by the Municipal Building to see if they have the plans on display like they have in the past. I went to a board meeting year's ago for Park info, been a while.

EDIT : It's nice to know it's all "locked in" now though whatever it is.

Edited by Railer

I like this "no real clues or hints" this year. In 2013 we knew Zumanjaro would be announced cause the drop tower pieces were on site, in 2014 we almost 100% knew that we would be getting El Diablo before the announcement. It's a nice change right now that we still don't know what it is going to be, or even where it is going to be, only educated guesses.

^ Haven't ever calculated it out, but you could get a very rough estimate using figures in SF's (public) annual report. Per-cap spend is generally around $40/guest, and the park gets between, say, 5k (very low) and 30k (very high) guests each operating day. Not sure how SPs factor into those figures, but I'm sure there's more detail in the report.

It was read on Facebook (where else for false info) And it was actually from this "pompus" one that always says he's right. Funny that he just posted a day or so ago also how that if he post's something, he already did the research and his comment's are always right. I wish i caught it earlier, i would of took a ride out for the meeting. But i think now we will prob start to see some "clues" now that thing's seem more final.

There's a lot of work going on along the lakefront, is there any work in old country? I can't see them working in both areas. Even though i would love to see old country revived, that can sit idle another season or two. Grandstand was in bad shape.

A tour through the lake? That's even less realistic than the hotels. I mean who would want to go through a lake with nothing to see but trees and maybe a couple good views of the park? It seems like it would be a waste of money to me. Obviously isn't happening.

Is this SF teasing us? Hotel seemed unlikely, and this seems even more unlikely.

Eventually you will see this same photo with a 4-D coaster in it.

But its kind of fun seeing all of these (unrealistic) possibilities...