VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

I know it was a really big ride, how about one of my all time favorites, the Super Sidewinder.

That's the one!

BONUS ANSWER: The Super Side Winder was a huge Scrambler-like ride. It featured two person seats with eight seats per ride vehicle. There were nine ride vehicles allowing one ride cycle to accommodate 144 passengers (2x8x9). The ride was last located near the current site of the Aldabra Island tortoise area in the Golden Kingdom and operated from 1976 to 1983.

gallery_208_401_28349.jpg

Is this when they load it fully?

Yes, that is based on the number of seats available at any given time.

I better have got that one right, since it's me riding it in 1984 in the picture!!!

That has to be 1983 or earlier. The ride was removed for Shirt Tales Land for 1984.

Yes, that is based on the number of seats available at any given time.

That has to be 1983 or earlier. The ride was removed for Shirt Tales Land for 1984.

My bad, it is from 1981. I had to check my gallery for that one. 38yrs. old = bad memory.

For those of you that guessed Splashwater Falls, you are correct!

ANSWER: Splashwater Falls, later known as Movietown Water Effect, had its main entrance relocated three times. When the ride first opened the entrance was across the way from the Scrambler ride near the Showcase Theatre. In 1993, the entrance was relocated down towards FreeFall so that it didn't interfere with the new small space themed area of Movietown made up of a rethemed Scrambler (Centrifuge G-Force) and the relocated entrance to the Looping Starship (Space Shuttle). For 1997, the entrance was once again relocated when Batman & Robin: The Chiller was installed.