VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

The wording here is tricky.  I’m going to say this is False.  From what I’ve been able to discern is that the ride, while it was to have been called “The Loop” (prior to the Six Flags takeover) plans, drawings, and the scale model included interlocking loops from the outset.  The plural Lightnin’ Loops name came with Six Flags despite drawings and references to interlocking loops and initial names like The Loop and The Double Header Loop. 

Edited by Daved Thomson

I'm going to go with True.  I'm not the Six Flags chain historion here, but I believe this is really unique to Six Flags standards.  I wouldn't be surprised if at least part of the ride was planned before, even without the interlocking loops.

21 minutes ago, honda rider said:

I did talk to the owner of Jackson Hobby Shop many years ago and he told me  that he built the Lightning Loops model in 1977 with the 2 loops.  I was buying HO scale carnival ride models at the time.  The wording does sound like a trick question.

Not sure if you saw this spotlight on the Lightnin' Loops model.  Maybe he made his own version of it?

• 3 months later...

Sorry, this got lost in the mix.

False:  The ride known as the double track LIghtnin' Loops did start out as a single track/loop attraction prior to Six Flags' purchase of the park.  In fact, announcement of the ride being expanded to feature two separate tracks/loops was announced several weeks prior to Six Flags acquiring the park.  The plans for the ride went unaltered once Six Flags took control except for their changing the name from Double Header to Lightnin' Loops.

• 8 months later...
19 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

QUESTION #450:  On what ride was it against the rules to hold hands with your riding partners?

Shouldn't it be against the rules for all rides, for health reasons? You know, girls have cooties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 years later...
23 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

QUESTION #451:  What is the significance of the number "28" in the name Studio 28 Arcade?

2017_07_27_IMG_4862 copy.jpg

Totally a guess here, but using some previous building contents as the basis for my guess...  Were there 28 SkeeBall Lanes in the building when it was renamed?