VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The old no Aqua Sox rule.

Up to a couple of years ago HH used to have this dumb rule that you could not wear aqua soxs down water slides. Now every other water park I have been to always allowed aqua soxs down their water slides, even Disney. But for some reason HH did not allow it for years. Then two years ago HH allowed aqua soxs to be worn while sliding down the water slides. I am glad they allow them on the slides now because I don't like walking barefoot around the park. :) A weird thing is while SFGAdv's HH did not allow aqua soxs down their slides SFA's HH did allow aqua sox's down their water slides.

Edited by The Master

• 3 weeks later...
Up to a couple of years ago HH used to have this dumb rule that you could not wear aqua soxs down water slides. Now every other water park I have been to always allowed aqua soxs down their water slides, even Disney. But for some reason HH did not allow it for years. Then two years ago HH allowed aqua soxs to be worn while sliding down the water slides. I am glad they allow them on the slides now because I don't like walking barefoot around the park. :) A weird thing is while SFGAdv's HH did not allow aqua soxs down their slides SFA's HH did allow aqua sox's down their water slides.

yea i really hated that rule! it really made me mad that they didn't allow them but thank god that they now allow them because, i wouldn't want to walk bearfoot there.

• 1 month later...

Sadly Dorney's Wild Water Kingdom has stared a no Aqua Sox rule (been going there since 1992 and they never had such a dumb rule), really sucks. Hopefully HH has not restarted this rule, anybody been to HH yet?

Sadly Dorney's Wild Water Kingdom has stared a no Aqua Sox rule (been going there since 1992 and they never had such a dumb rule), really sucks. Hopefully HH has not restarted this rule, anybody been to HH yet?

I think you may be in luck this year. They opened an expanded Aqua Shoes stand and the only slide that seems to have a posted sign restricting their use are the body/speed slides (The Falls) which don't use tubes. The 2008 pamphlet states "SHOES/AQUA SOCKS/T-SHIRTS: Are not permitted on body slides".

gallery_2_28_614899.jpg

gallery_2_28_391419.jpg

Thanks for the info and picture 29yrs, very good to see HH does not give aqua sox wearers much trouble. It's weird how HH was the first water park I visted that had such a rule and now when they are dropping this rule other water parks are picking it up. :rolleyes_smeyes:

Well the locker nazi stuff SF has now is not that great either, but I guess it is just unfortunate that both chains decided to adopt odd new rules for this season.

I agree with that and I think so many people have heard about it at this point that many are not brinigng as much with them inside the park. The one thing I can say about it though that bothered me was Saturday attendants let a woman with a purse into the Dark Knight queue and all the way to the boarding area, at which time an attendant tracked her down and told her to leave the queue. In my opinion if they missed it to that point just let her do something with it there.

To keep on topic though I like letting people use the aqua shoes on non body slides because they really do no harm in tubing rides at all. If not for me not going to many water parks I'd probably opt to have a pair myself.

Edited by JetsDevs4Lyf

I am glad that at least one local water park is not harassing people over aqua soxs. Raging Waters in Wildwood also lets you use aqua soxs just fine while Hershey's Boardwalk does not allow them down slides (Update: Hershey's Boardwalk now allows aqua soxs to be worn down their slides ^_^ ). It is a shame that a water park that has been around for a long time started this rule. Also not to drag this topic off anymore but I just feel like I am being hararessed by the locker nazis, I never bring anything into any park but it is nice to be able to put your soda in a bin for free rather than to cram it into your secure pocket which is not conformable while riding. But of the two rules the no aqua sox rule is worse and that's all I am going to say about the lockers in this topic.

And back to the topic, I notice whenever a waterpark bans aqua sox they call them shoes while parks that allow aqua soxs call them aqua soxs.

Edited by The Master