VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Intense, Limited Run BATMAN™ Backwards

29yrswithaGApass

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

Intense, Limited Run BATMAN™ Coaster Experience

Coming to Six Flags Great Adventure

BATMAN™: The Ride Backwards and El Diablo

Headline 2015 Spring/Summer Season

JACKSON, NJ — March 24, 2015 — Six Flags Great Adventure, the world’s largest theme park, unveils a second thrilling roller coaster experience for 2015 as it flips one of its most innovative and adrenaline-charged coasters backwards for a limited time. The park also debuts its 13th roller coaster – El Diablo – during its 2015 season, which kicks off April 3.

BATMAN™: The Ride becomes even more intense as it undergoes a gravity-defying role reversal from July 4th weekend to Labor Day weekend. Guests can dare to take on an all-new experience on the world-famous suspended, looping coaster when its chair lift-style train is flipped 180 degrees on the track.

BATMAN™: The Ride Backwards Fast Facts:

• Soar backwards, chair-lift style (beneath the track)
  • 50-mph juggernaut
  • Five gut-wrenching inversions guests never see coming
  • 2,700 feet of twisted track

Since opening in 1993, BATMAN™: The Ride has given more than 27 million thrilling rides and reigns as one of the most popular roller coasters in the world.

“The ride’s intensity is ratcheted way up,” said John Fitzgerald, Six Flags Great Adventure president. “Thrill seekers will not want to miss this limited-time opportunity to put their inner ‘super hero’ to the test.”

41st Season Kicks off April 3 featuring PEEPS® and Safari Babies

Six Flags Great Adventure was voted America’s second best theme park by USA TODAY readers in 2014. Its 41st season begins April 3 with Easter Weekend presented by PEEPS®. On Saturday, April 4, Six Flags will host a special Easter Celebration giving guests the chance to search for eggs filled with PEEPS®. The morning event will also include onsite entertainment, games and giveaways. The first 100 guests (toddlers to age 12) to arrive by 9:30 a.m. will receive a PEEPS® Egg Hunt Participant Wristband and up to three spectator wristbands for friends and family members to join in the celebration. All participants and spectators must have valid park admission to receive a wristband. The event will take place at 10 a.m., prior to park opening.

Spring is a time for babies, and Safari’s animal experts showcase the adorable, new additions including European brown bear cubs through two popular education programs. Safari Off Road Education offers students K-6 a journey in learning with 1,200 animals from six continents in the 350-acre wildlife preserve. Biology Day targets high school students with a special focus on land and marine biology. These programs, reserved for schools, operate when the theme park is closed. Schools can contact njspecialevents@sixflags.com for more information.

El Diablo Scorches 2015 Season

Guests can feel the wrath of the devil on El Diablo, the park's 13th coaster, beginning this spring. Inspired by Jersey Devil folklore with a Mexican twist, El Diablo features riders sitting in “face-off” (face-to-face) seats rocketing forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The fiery red coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction.

"El Diablo is the perfect addition to Plaza del Carnaval, as it appeals to both thrill seekers and families alike. Rides like El Toro and Tango attract a wide audience to this area, which also provides ample opportunities for dining, shopping and relaxation from the excitement of the world’s largest theme park," Fitzgerald added.

El Diablo is expected to open this May, and will have a 48 inch height requirement to ride.

New Outdoor Grill and Upgraded Cabana Cove at Hurricane Harbor

Beginning May 23, Guests can enjoy the delicious smell and taste of freshly-grilled food when Six Flags Hurricane Harbor debuts its new, outdoor grill. This open-air kitchen will feature giant turkey legs, hot dogs, hamburgers and Mexican-style steak. The park will also introduce an upgraded Cabana Cove, with new, luxury cabanas surrounded by a lush, tropical landscape.

Tickets, operating hours, park information and special events can be found at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

I don't think it's poor planning at all. It's right when crowds are the highest and will end right before fright fest starts. It's also probably the soonest they can get the trains. You have to factor in them taking it off from SFOG, and switching that back to normal, shipping, changing ours over, possibly testing etc. It's more then just slapping a new train on the track.

Namtab is definately the icing on the cake for the 2015 season! Very excited to try this out! There is definitely a lot going on this season, with El Diablo in spring, Namtab in Summer, and the expanded fright fest in the fall; there's new things to check out all season long.

I'll probably try it out, but I'm not to sure that I'll like it. I usually skip batman as it is because sometimes it makes me dizzy. I can't imagine going backwards.

That's how I feel as well. I'll try it once and see how intense it is. The forwards version is so intense that I never ride the coaster more than twice in a row.

^ Yep, especially if it has coasters open like they said at Winter Adventure! :clap:

That's how I feel as well. I'll try it once and see how intense it is. The forwards version is so intense that I never ride the coaster more than twice in a row.

I feel pretty much the same way about it. Even though I love forwards Batman because of how intense it is, the shorter backwards part of boomerang coasters can make me slightly dizzy, so I'm not sure if I want to try a coaster that is backwards for the whole ride.

• 1 month later...

I just signed up for ACE so i can attend coaster con! Too bad NAMTAB won't be running. That would be awesome! I think i'll ride it once, maybe twice depending on how it is. Boomerang coasters always make me sick so i'm guessing the same for NAMTAB.

• 1 month later...

That's actually a great idea. That explains why their run of Batman Backwards was extended until right before ours.

I wonder how they'll handle restoring it to the regular trains. Come September, they have weekdays to preform the switch, but I think they'll need at least 1 weekend of downtime to swap all 4 trains, dismantle Georgia's backwards trains, and reassemble them as normal. This is, of course, if they're not sending Batman Backwards to another park or keeping it here until Fright Fest ends.