VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Holiday in the Park Festival Captures the Magic of the Season at SFGA

29yrswithaGApass

B&M coasters have stricter temperature requirements than some others (I think it's 40 degrees). Great Adventure is also more likely to run the coasters even if it is colder than that. I have been there when it's barely above 30 and the B&M coasters are running. I'm surprised because of that both Trailblazer and Runaway Mine Train aren't running since I think the requirement for Arrow Mine Trains are 33 degrees.

B&M coasters have stricter temperature requirements than some others (I think it's 40 degrees). Great Adventure is also more likely to run the coasters even if it is colder than that. I have been there when it's barely above 30 and the B&M coasters are running. I'm surprised because of that both Trailblazer and Runaway Mine Train aren't running since I think the requirement for Arrow Mine Trains are 33 degrees.

so based of that, If a B&M coaster was to suffer an issue while running past that temp mark, B&M can turn around and say "well sorry you ran the coaster past the recommended temp" ?

• 3 weeks later...

"Gingerbread Junction", "Polar Point" are Themed areas for HITP. And the Boardwalk will be known as "Holiday Shores", and "Parachuter's Perch" will have light's stung from the top of it to the ground in the shape of giant Christmas Tree!!!!. And "Big Wheel Deals" will be the Santa Photo op when HITP begins.

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Good way to make use of "the Fence" this year lol. Any word on the Show (or shows) in Showcase? I assume a either "neutral" Holiday show of some kind, or one (hopefully) one explaining all traditions. That fits with the Theme of "Joy To The World" as the gateway to the Theater. I have always loved Halloween, but this year i just want it "out of the way" of HITP. I really like the idea of a "smaller" Park, but highly detailed. I think "regular" Great Adventure may seem lame after this.

I'm hoping that they decide to run all the major coasters during this. I did see the map though and I don't think there are any special themed areas out as far as El Toro, Kingda Ka, Mine Train, and Bizarro. Superman, Green Lantern, Nitro, and Batman are all within the special HITP themed areas. Skull Mountain and Dark Knight will probably see quite a bit of ridership because they're indoors.

Maybe they will be strung from the outer ring, or they will have them strung from the center, but in-between the Chute's guide wires, and the Chute's themselves. Meaning you will be outside of the top, center point of the "Tree" when your at the top of the Tower. And i think all the rides in the section's that are open will be operating. Now it makes sense why Blackbeard's is closed, none of the Lakefront Rides are open, there will be a Fence right past the entrance of "Skull Mountain" and right before the Lakefront restroom's right under the Skyride.

I am adding the map that was posted on the HITP Workshop in the park for reference in this topic. Keep in mind that this map is subject to change. In fact if you look at where lights were installed (like the path from the Big Wheel to Blackbeard's), the map already has changed.

gallery_2_25_63837.jpg