VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Holiday in the Park Festival Captures the Magic of the Season at SFGA

29yrswithaGApass

The weather seems warm for December with temperatures frequently in the 50s and sometimes the 60s. I feel that the whole park should be open if the weather cooperates at this time next year.

Not sure if this has been said yet or not here, but "Holiday In The Park" is confirmed to be coming back for 2016. I was thinking next year, and i will get the idea to the Park, but slightly re-themeing the Coasters would make it a "must do" for the enthusiast. "Nitro" as a Sleigh Ride could be awesome. "Reindeer's Run" or something along those lines. Or since there is no "trademark" involved, "Nitro" as "Blitzen" coule be something too.

I am all for new holiday names like they did with the Teacups and Jolly Roger. I heard that Nitro was being considered as "Twas the Nitro Before Christmas".

I'm not talking much. But the sign Shop makes up a new Sign Overlay like the others, put string's of Light's of some kind up the lift hill Railing's, and then at the bottom of the 1st drop, some kind of lighting, and a few snow machines for a heavy "bilzzard" effect. Then just light up the Hammerhead with some red and green spotlight's some light's on the Helix, and on the Trim's, and Break Run Railing's. It would be really simple for them to do. Now if they get a little "budget" for it, get Little Spider to make like a "Snow Cavern" as a tunnel on one of the drops, that would be pushing it though. I just recieved a survey from my visit yesterday (i'll post the "Mayhem/Lakefront" progress pics) i think i know what my message will be on this one.

supposed to be in the 60s this weekend.

As far as the whole park being open, and I would love for more coasters,I am not sure that would work money wise. As it is now there are hardly any lines for the coasters at least. I just don't think it would make sense for the park to hire all the works for all the coasters.

slightly re-themeing the Coasters would make it a "must do" for the enthusiast. "Nitro" as a Sleigh Ride could be awesome. "Reindeer's Run" or something along those lines. Or since there is no "trademark" involved, "Nitro" as "Blitzen" coule be something too.

But it's got to be more than just signs. SM's "retheme" adds nothing to the ride experience, when (to your point) it would have been so easy to just change up the music on the speakers and throw a few red and green lights inside.

When I got the survey for our first trip to HITP...when it asked about each ride...for Skull Mountain I wrote that they should have changed the themeing inside. The outside is gorgeous...the inside...not so much. I get it's a dark coaster so they wouldn't want to go overboard...but they could have taken down the glowly pumpkin thing and the skull and put something holiday related and a few lights here and there. And certainly change the music. And I said the exact same thing at the end when asked for any comments ;-)

They would be limited with what theme's they could use for Christmas. But alot of the "classics" are public domain now also. The Reindeer names for instance (except Rudolph) i'm pretty sure all could be used. One thing i was thinking also, that i hope Six Flags considers testing the VR Ride system Mack has developed on the TDK. That system, and those "Mouse in a box" Coasters could really have some good possibilitys. It could be used on Skull Mountain also, but since that is pretty unique in the Chain, TDK would would be better for a rollout of it across the Park's. But then, during "Fright Fest", and "Holiday In The Park", a total re-theme, would be as simple as a software change, with a diff "experience" running in the headset. And also, as the DCCU expands, they could tie into the Movies that are coming up also. TDK could become BvS, or the "The Batman" solo film coming. But i think next year they will put alot more into HITP, with how the Weather this year has been, and with a record temp Weekend coming up, it is definetly going to be a success. And "big picture" wise, this is making the idea of going to "year-round" operations a little easier.

TDK has a theme license with DC comics, so the part cannot alter its theme in any way. Of the rides currently open, only Nitro and Skull Mountain could get Christmas themes.

Six Flags has to be happy with attendance today. The flat rides had almost full queues and the kiddie rides had the longest lines I have ever seen for them. When walking out of the park after 6 there were so many people walking towards the entrance that the shuttle could barely get through the preferred parking section of the lot. I was glad I got there at opening when lines were walk ons and station waits for the first few hours the park was open.

Well, the temp's for the rest of the YEAR are going to an average of 20 degrees above "normal". It will be in the 70's for the rest of "Holiday In The Park", and as far as the forcast can predict. It's safe to say "Holiday In The Park" will be a MAJOR success, and next year will be most likely greatly expanded with more of the Park open for it.

Six Flags has to be happy with attendance today. The flat rides had almost full queues and the kiddie rides had the longest lines I have ever seen for them. When walking out of the park after 6 there were so many people walking towards the entrance that the shuttle could barely get through the preferred parking section of the lot. I was glad I got there at opening when lines were walk ons and station waits for the first few hours the park was open.

that's how it was when I went on the 6th. Ww where on the big wheel around 5pm and the line of cars coming into the parking lot was crazy

Was packed yesterday. Got there at 4(ish) and then it kept filling up the closer it got to Dark. But the lines to get in were not that bad, 5min at Security. Idiot's Parked in the Handicapped section on the road along the Picnic Grove Fence, totally blocking all Shuttles from getting thru. Wish they towed them all to learn them a lesson. And they really need to get more Trains running on the Coasters. "Green Lantern" only had 1 running, and it looked like only 1, or no other Train's were in it's Garage. They may be Backstage for off-season maintinance i'm thinking?????

Only coasters running two trains where Nitro and Skull mountain. When I was there It was never more then a one ride wait for batman, super man, or green lantern. I honelty think one train on those coasters was fine, unless the park got the crowded when you were there

I know Nitros 3rd train was in pieces over by batman and even under inside the batman building.

One of Green Lanterns trains was also in pieces on the floor next to its shed.

At least that is where I saw the parts when I was there. Might have been moved by now

Edited by Mrpq

Last night at around 7 it took my daughter an hour to get on Batman with one train running. I am going to guess it got more crowded. I'm glad it did. I've enjoyed Holiday in the Park and hope to see it come back over and over.

Only coasters running two trains where Nitro and Skull mountain. When I was there It was never more then a one ride wait for batman, super man, or green lantern. I honelty think one train on those coasters was fine, unless the park got the crowded when you were there

Skull Mountain has three trains total, but can run two at the most. And it's likely that if this returns next year, GL, SUF, and Batman will run one train at this time of the year.

Last night at around 7 it took my daughter an hour to get on Batman with one train running. I am going to guess it got more crowded. I'm glad it did. I've enjoyed Holiday in the Park and hope to see it come back over and over.

Must have been really crowded. Sounded like my trip to Hershey. Maybe if they don't have more costers next year they will keep more then 1 train on most of the coasters that are running

I think the problem is that if they run 2 trains on the rides that only have 2 trains, it may not be enough time for those same rides to have 2 trains ready for opening day the next year since it only gives them less than 3 months to perform the annual maintenance for both trains plus all the other rides already closed for the year.