VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

5/8/15 Now the "speculation" moves to the Lakefront.

Railer

The woods by the Water Tower have the water lines marked, and that is the only area on that side of the Park that is marked out. But now the entire Lakefront area, from Blackbeard's que to the other side of the Great Lake Grandstand has ALL underground utility's marked. All around "Fort Independence", the Live and Local Stage, and all of the Grandstand (all the doors were open this morning) but that is a large chunk of waterfront space that is all "marked out" now. "El Diablo" is just about ready to open, and there is new Re-Fill stand between Batman & Nitro. Enjoy the pics.

gallery_208_401_449335.jpggallery_208_401_897996.jpggallery_208_401_1345861.jpggallery_208_401_732455.jpggallery_208_401_917106.jpggallery_208_401_145447.jpggallery_208_401_1638514.jpggallery_208_401_1057230.jpggallery_208_401_524587.jpggallery_208_401_246583.jpggallery_208_401_162795.jpggallery_208_401_60090.jpggallery_208_401_1216933.jpggallery_208_401_851978.jpggallery_208_401_76344.jpggallery_208_401_1962040.jpggallery_208_401_746939.jpggallery_208_401_816745.jpggallery_208_401_640892.jpggallery_208_401_319539.jpggallery_208_401_1287419.jpggallery_208_401_619371.jpg

Interesting. If the build a coaster in that area I really, really hope they keep some sort of pathway. It is nice using that route as an alternative to the main midway to cross the park. It is quite a thin portion of land, though, so I am kind of doubting it if the plan is for a large coaster that they will keep the path.

BTW, that picture inside the Grandstand looks like it could be a scene from Saw, lol.

Nice TR and photos!!

And six flags fun, no it is not and Harry has mentioned multiple times to you there are not much to be found on the six flags TV. I just said it in the other topic but what's with the obsession? Everything you post is about the Tvs and you have been told multiple times there is not much, if anything out there footage wise of it.

And i just want to add that the door's to the "Great Lake Grandstand" were wide open this morning. All pics are from guest area's. I haven't snuck around in the Park since the early 80's when we would enter the park by Canoe, and come in by the Log Flume where the old path that ran along the Arena used to be.

Long, long, time ago. I knew a buch of local's that spent the night in the Park a few times "doging" security all night. We would park up on 537 by the lake, and just paddle over to that end of the park, "Stash" the Canoe, then spend the day at the park. It did only cost $7 for a day ticket, and $14 for a Season pass back then. It was a Different World, if we "snuck" in and got hurt or something, we wouldn't sue lol.

I wouldn't count on a coaster there. While the idea is nice, the land is more likely becoming a children's area at some point to consolidate all the children's rides in one section. That also keeps the view of the lake open and since the lake is where fireworks are launched, they still need a viewing area there.

A course that run's down the old Mansion Driveway is a good thought. But I rememberd that plan was mentioned before and it crossed my mind. It would change alot in the park. Family's with little ones might not even make it into the rest of the Park on most days, and would have no need to even. And i can see other aspect's of that plan may have started already. With a central Kids Area, a more "adult" vibe can go into other area's of the park, the new "Sport's Bar" fits that.

Some of the idea's on the latest Survey (this morning) sort of compliment the idea of a more "adult" vibe in the Park for the future. A "#SIXFIX" Spring Break Park Wide Party are one of the idea's. It mention's "Beach Themed Bar's" around in the Park. I think the only way i would ever drink in the Park is when i have room in the Park's Hotel when it eventually happens.

Speaking of park hotels, CP's refurbed Hotel Breakers looks great. I hope in the distant future we can get a resort/hotel in the park when it's recovered completely

All theme park's are realizing there is a HUGE amount of money to be made in selling more beer, wine and hard liquor. Honestly there's no real problem with it as long as they have enough security in the park and controls on the sale of liquor to minors and excess.

With the success of food and wine festivals at all the SeaWorld owned parks and now at a couple of the Cedar Fair parks, I'd expect similar events at GA. It makes money and draws guests.

^^I believe CP provided "Rougabrew" at their new coaster's event, and I think more parks will start selling alcoholic beverages. Your right though, if we have the security it won't be out of control.

It would be interesting if they could incorporate the lake into a ride somehow. For example, a ride like superman, or X2, with parts that got up close to the lake would be really cool. I dont want that to happen anyway, because they would have to mess with the grandstand and all that stuff, but that would be a cool ride IMO.

I could imagine parts of the ride where the coaster could dive, just close enough to the water to get your excitement up, but still far enough away to where its safe.