VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SFGadv PTR 6/14/15 Twister!

Matt Kaiser

I went to the park today for a bit by myself. The highlight of the day is that Twister opened yesterday, so I spent time taking pictures and video of it. I think it got new lights, since they're incredibly bright at night. The cycle I recorded had 7 flips, and it was very close to an 8th! At night, a heartbeat pounds through the speakers as the strobes flash for the upside-down finale.

I tried to go to Safari Discoveries, but it was closed all day. The park ended up staying open an extra hour until 9pm, plus I stayed for the Discover ERT.

Here are some pics! Includes some Twister shots, artsy shots, Macho Nacho shots, new UV glass on El Diablo's operator booth, and more.

6q1Niju.jpg

xktJssS.jpg

5u7jvoX.jpg

iYGoMkV.jpg

EUchLi9.jpg

i5wHEIP.jpg

Js8y1aT.jpg

S3rmPip.jpg

Tj75dyo.jpg

NLddPq5.jpg

uNbtQiK.jpg

V2LC5GV.jpg

Fza8bWb.jpg

vRIzhgp.jpg

4eySnjI.jpg

And the video of Twister's cycle:

Nice shots! The Macho Nacho construction is turning out to be kind of odd. I am sure it will look great in the end but it seems strange how they are putting the new construction right next to the old structure. Not that they haven't done that before (below is Mama Flora's by the Big Wheel).

19920196%20copy.jpg

Its so nice to see the park running Twister how it should be ran! I assume that they took the time and did a full 100% rehab on the ride to have it running it's full potential... which probably wasn't cheap. I remember in the mid 2000's untill recently the ride would barely flip or come even close so this is a VERY nice thing to see! Kudos Nice PTR thank you for sharing!

I think they will "fence-off" this area and have it be the Bar & Taps for Beer along the back wall. Then enclose it all for the indoor/outdoor seating. The only thing i will miss is the old Water Fountain that was on the rt side of the original building (already removed in the pic) not many knew it was there, and was one of the cleaner ones in the Park.

S3rmPip.jpg