VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Brad Ross' Unbelievable - August 3-31, 2015

29yrswithaGApass

gallery_2_35_219837.jpg

In just a few weeks Brad Ross' Unbelievable! show will debut at the Showcase Theater at Great Adventure. Running daily from Augsut 3rd to 31st daily (except Tuesdays), the park will present three shows each day at 2:30, 4:30, and 6:30. Anyone who remembers when Brad peformed at the park several years ago knows that his show is quite entertaining.

We have been asking for an indoor show to return to the Showcase Theater for years and we are finally getting one. If you think that this limited engagement is some type of test, you are probably right and it is most likely safe to say that the success of this show will influence future plans at the theater. So, if you are in the park this August be sure to stop by and enjoy some qualty air conditioned shows and welcome Brad and Showcase back to the entertainment lineup.

I will be there with the family the 1st Sunday he is there. The only thing is I'm wondering if it will be the same exact show every time or he will change it up (let's say every week or so).

The only thing is I'm wondering if it will be the same exact show every time or he will change it up (let's say every week or so).

When he had his show several years ago the shows were not all the same. He had several illusions that he did each show usually varying the mix to make things different. I think only the final act was the same each show.

I've been comfortable in that theater on hot days in the past. This felt like a result of energy/maintenance budget cuts rather than some issue of the A/C running on full blast and just not doing enough. There was no air circulation, no sound of A/C, and it was disgusting and embarrassing.

I've noticed across SF parks in the last few seasons that temperatures in the indoor portions of queues or attractions has slowly risen. Of course, retail locations still have perfectly functioning A/C....

International Star Illusionist Brad Ross Appears

at Six Flags Great Adventure this August

JACKSON, NJ — July 23, 2015 — Six Flags Great Adventure welcomes international star illusionist and New Jersey native Brad Ross to Six Flags Great Adventure August 3 to 30 in the Showcase Theater.

His high-energy show “Unbelievable” presents a theatrical collection of spellbinding magic, all-new, cutting-edge illusions and an array of astonishing wonders live on stage. Ross appears and disappears daily at 2:30, 4:30 and 6:30, except Tuesdays.

Ross has been dazzling audiences of all ages for over two decades and has entertained millions of people worldwide.

“Growing up, I started realizing the gift that magic had given me was the same gift I wanted to give audiences when I performed. Every day on stage, I hope I bring the audience into this magical world of possibility,” Ross said.

Ross returns to Six Flags Great Adventure where he headlined in World of Magic in 2005. Since that time, he has performed on five continents and in 25 countries, connecting with fans in 16 languages from all backgrounds and corners of the globe.

“When you can invite moms, dads and kids to come on stage and witness the magic up close, it engages them in the show and gives them an experience that they’ll never forget,” Ross added.

Ross was named “Best International Family Entertainer” and was the recipient of The Merlin Award, the Oscar equivalent for the magic industry. This award is the highest honor presented by the magic community and is based on talent, showmanship, originality, skills and the ability to entertain under any conditions.

For more information on Brad Ross, visit www.bradross.com For more information on this event, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

gallery_2_1053_198259.jpg

gallery_2_1053_1597280.jpg

gallery_2_1053_1594195.jpg

gallery_2_1053_696192.jpg

gallery_2_1053_3007307.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see anyone write about the show. Has anyone gone in to see Brad Ross yet? I am curious how it is. I am going to the park tomorrow and I plan to stop in and catch a show but I was wondering what people who have seen it thought.

Ok so review on the show. I saw the 2:30 and 6:30, and it was also the first day of them doing shows. Its around 35 min or so. 2:30 show started 10/15 min late and 630 show started on time.

I would consider it , Ok/good...somewhere in the middle. Im not really sure how I feel about it.

Good lighting,sound,set etc, however the show felt to have a lot of dead space, with a lot of talking or very simple filler illusions to kill time. I think much more could've been done.

Illusion wise there were only a few that were really good and in depth, others seem simple to be a time filler or just too fast and onto the next scene.

I saw both shows thinking they would be a little but different but both ended up being the same.

Air was on for both shows, 2:30 show i was comfortable however 630 show i did start to get chilly.

• Like 1

^ Didn't get into as in it was at capacity? Curious what kinds of crowds he's drawing.

Opening day shows weren't crowded at all. Think it was due to lack of signage and gates being closed. 230 show had maybe 50 people, maybe a little bit more and 630 show had less, around 30.

I've been reading on FB on a few page's that crowd's have been decent. Saw Pics from a show yesterday from a trusted source (Wade from GAOutpost) seemed to be crowded, and said it was a decent show. The Theater look's really good, they pumped some money into the Set unless it's his. I've been posting for everyone to go see it if they. I might run out today for the afternoon show and nothing else, throw up pics if i do. I think this should be a better show than Collins Key's show. He only did 3 tricks, and was just more of him talking about himself and selling the "image" of Collins Key. I don't buy into celebrity.

Anyone have a pic of the set? Is it like the one in the promo shot above?

To add to what jdc said, it is exactly like those promo shots. There's a couple different sets/scenes. It really seems like a quality show, but that's what happens when Six Flags has another company to do everything. (In this case, Brad Ross and his Magic company)

It really seems like a quality show, but that's what happens when Six Flags has another company to do everything. (In this case, Brad Ross and his Magic company)

Agreed. A lot of entertainment used to be contracted out, especially during Fright Fest. And it was generally MUCH better than what they offer today.

• 2 weeks later...