VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Would GADV be better if it was owned by Cedar Fair?

Fgcassady

13 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Cedar Fair
    • Six Flags

I don't think an official reason was given. Someone on a Kings Island site posted Larson issued a memo to no longer allow it but if that happened then I thought it would be something Six Flags and other parks would have to enforce and that it wouldn't apply to non Larson models. The way it was announced was strange too. Last week Kings Island had an enthusiast event and during the regular operating hours snapping was fine and when ERT started, the rule change was announced and when questioned people were told it applies to all parks in the chain.

Moreys also bans snapping on their flying scooter too, probably a common rule.

One thing I really dislike about Six Flags is there ever increasing up charging, many places have up charges but Six Flags is one of the most obnoxious and rampant about it.

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

Everyone complains about the lockers at Six Flags and Great Adventure, but we spent MORE on lockers at Cedar Point last weekend than we would have at Great Adventure. Cedar Point's lockers are $2 each. Ours are $1 each, or $8 for an all-day moveable locker. We easily spent $16 on lockers at Cedar Point over 2 days, which means 8 rentals.

Some of their rides do let you bring bags into the station to put in bins, but that just makes it worse because the lockers are just so far apart. You can't easily rent a single locker and ride 3 coasters like you can at Great Adventure. You need to rent a locker at the first coaster for $2, then spend another $2 at the next ride that requires lockers, which is a decent walk away.

I think Cedar Point is beating us to the money grab there.

Edited by Matt Kaiser
  • Like 1

I don't bring bags into dry parks, I think it is rather stupid to bring bags into a dry park. Now at Dorney I can put my 20 Oz bottle into a cubbie without issue. At GADV, I either have to jam the bottle into a pocket or rent a locker, or hide it in a nearby bush.

Where Six Flags really rakes in the up charges is in its water parks, flash pass, tube rentals which even Disney stopped having decades ago, etc. HH is now set up so you pretty much can't have a good time there without springing for a flash pass and tube rental upcharges. Plus there all days lockers are $15 to $22!

Edited by The Master

• 9 months later...

if CF was in charge of SFGAdv, we would have a ton more coke freestyle machines and midnight closings i bet would come back. And much better staffing on the coasters.

The problem is that they may do what they did to Geauga Lake where they downsized that place.