VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

How would you handle the loose articles situation?

owtoty

Busch Tampa has cheap coin operated lockers that cost 50 cents. I think that works great. It's only 50 cents. It has no time limit. They do not cost the park very much because they are not technologically advanced. You can keep items in them all day or just while on one ride, the choice is yours. You have your items securely locked, it doesn't cause any delay in dispatching rides because they are not in the stations, and you do not have to rush to get them out.

Your idea would not work. You don't have to have a season pass to buy a bottle.

There wouldn't really be any point to buying the season bottle unless you have a season pass. I'd like to know the percentage of people who have the season bottle, who also have a season pass.

Most people probably would buy it for free refills the day of with the potential of free refills if they choose to come back later on. Most people who are not SP holders probably only visit once but majority of them might not even know for sure if they'll be back so they just get it.

Most people probably would buy it for free refills the day of with the potential of free refills if they choose to come back later on. Most people who are not SP holders probably only visit once but majority of them might not even know for sure if they'll be back so they just get it.

I thought of that too, but I just don't think 99.99% of the GP is thinking like that. Also, I feel like most of the people coming to Six Flags are season pass holders, considering how a season pass is pretty much the same price as a ticket, and there's the monthly payment system.

^ Be careful about what you clip it to! I lost a car key to Nitro last summer doing exactly that. The keychain I had it on snapped from the pressure ( . . . or at least I'm guessing that; all I know for sure is that they keys were there when we dispatched and gone when we returned).

As for loose articles, the lockers *do* help dispatch times, but not much. Six Flags would invest in proper training and staffing if they cared all that much about efficiency.

Good point about using a quality key ring and a locking carabiner. I never lost a key using a carabiner. I still believe SF mainly has the pay lockers for extra revenue and not for improved efficiency as they don't take advantage of it.

I agree with with Young Pup that there are alot of SP holders anymore.

^ Yeah, I think it's purely a revenue play, under the (really quite thin) guise of boosting efficiency.

^ And yes, the numbers went up to the highest in years according to the latest annual report. I forget the exact figures, but it was something between 1/3 and 1/2. You can clearly see the difference now, too, especially in the number of people with the dining pass.

^ Yeah, I think it's purely a revenue play, under the (really quite thin) guise of boosting efficiency.

^ And yes, the numbers went up to the highest in years according to the latest annual report. I forget the exact figures, but it was something between 1/3 and 1/2. You can clearly see the difference now, too, especially in the number of people with the dining pass.

Where did you get numbers of season passes from?

So today on nitro the photo booth wouldn't show the picture cause the 2 girls next to us had their cell phones out the entire ride, we were in the back row. She warned them that they could be kicked out but didn't get security or anything.

Then on skull mountain someone took out a phone and it ruined the entire ride cause they wouldn't put it away and instead of hearing the music and effects all you heard was the operator over the speaker. They should have kicked the person out and let us re-ride.

I just thought of a fix: actually enforce the rule. The ride attendant tells the riders if they take out their phone, they will be kicked out without a refund, and so once the ride starts and somebody takes out their phone, they kick them out. People will see this, and know that Six Flags is actually serious about this.

Six Flags really needs to do something about the bottles. I really don't want to leave my cup at those cup holders, in fear someone will steal it. I think they should scan your pass whenever you want to get a drink, so they can see if you actually have a bottle attached to your card. Not sure if this would actually prevent someone from stealing the cups, but it might.

I was surprised that the other day when I bought a souvenir cup, they asked to see if my pass to know if I already had one or not. I'd never seen them do that before.

Back before I had a smart phone I used to be able to manually attach my phone to my belt using a loop on the phone itself. Can't do that anymore.

I was surprised that the other day when I bought a souvenir cup, they asked to see if my pass to know if I already had one or not. I'd never seen them do that before.

Back before I had a smart phone I used to be able to manually attach my phone to my belt using a loop on the phone itself. Can't do that anymore.

I don't think there's a limit on how many cups you can buy.

• 3 weeks later...

Today, a guy had his phone out the entire time on SkyScreamer, and the woman running it yelled at him probably 7 times, threatened to stop the ride, and also said if he didn't put it away he could be kicked out (I think), but didn't take any action, she did hold them at the bottom of the ride, and wouldn't fully bring it down until he put it in his pocket (they hung there for about 30 seconds before he did), and nothing happened once the ride stopped. He walked away with no consequences. This is unacceptable. Someone couldn't be severely injured if he would have dropped his phone, and she just showed to everyone on the ride, waiting in line, and everyone around the ride, that what she just said were empty threats. There needs to be security at every big ride, instead of 3 of them waiting around SORA's closed sign (seriously, what's the point of that? 1 security guard there I could see, but 3!? What's going to happen that they need 3?).

Agree on the unnecessary clumping. I was once threatened by a Guest after calling him out for cutting in the Dark Knight queue. The whole time, there were three security guards chatting at the entrance, with none watching the queue.

Also, my understanding is that it's against the law for a ride op to hold a Guest at the end of a ride. But there's absolutely no reason that a mechanism shouldn't be in place to get a security guard to the exit in the 1-2 minutes while the ride runs.

What would this do?

Satans asked if there was someone to contact. You can call, email them via the selected category, or even send John Fitzgerald a letter himself.

The park doesn't know what people want if they don't speak up or voice their opinion.

Satans asked if there was someone to contact. You can call, email them via the selected category, or even send John Fitzgerald a letter himself.

The park doesn't know what people want if they don't speak up or voice their opinion.

Thanks and exactly, while I havent had any issues at great adventure yet I did get a survey from new England and I filled out the issues I ran into and it said it would notify the people in charge of that area. At least if you send something you know that at least someone is reading your issues.