VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cedar Point Removing Shoot the Rapids?

Yoshi

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/Business/2016/02/11/Shoot-The-Rapids-coming-down.html

I now regret not trying it last year but skipped it along with Snake River Falls and Thunder Canyon because you get soaked on all 3 rides and I don't like getting soaked on a water ride unless it's at a park with a connected waterpark where you just walk over to the Rapids and Splashdown boat from the waterpark like at Dorney. And speaking of Dorney I really hope this isn't going to be the park's 2017 addition.

Knowing what happened to the ride in 2013, if the ride constantly breaks down and spends most of its time idle when it is supposed to be open, then it could be worth the removal. This ride is also prone to longer lines as it is one of three water rides at the park. Removing it will make lines for the other two water rides slightly longer.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/Business/2016/02/11/Shoot-The-Rapids-coming-down.html

And speaking of Dorney I really hope this isn't going to be the park's 2017 addition.

I would assume they wouldn't install it a dorney considering its problematic history. If they were to fix the ride then I could possibly see it resurface somewhere else.

I would assume they wouldn't install it a dorney considering its problematic history. If they were to fix the ride then I could possibly see it resurface somewhere else.

Dorney Park already has three water rides and a connected water park. A Planet Snoopy addition could be likely for 2017.

^True, but Stinger has a small footprint and is easy to transport and install. Shoot the Rapids has a massive footprint, requires a very specific area to stand (water around the troughs, etc), and is being removed because it's unpopular (not because it's old) because it's seen as dangerous. People could have died on it at the fault of the safety systems, not the operators or riders. I'm sure this ride is being torn down entirely.