VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Skull Mountain - Original Queue Line

29yrswithaGApass

The theming and props looks like they were very detailed. I wish they had kept the queue like that even if now it would have only been filled during Fright Fest.

The giant cauldron was used for years for FF before Skull Mt. was built. After the queue was removed, the cauldron was used for FF once again. The old Jeep truck was reused on the Hayride to the Unknown for many years after the removal of the queue. In the later years it had developed huge rust holes and probably has fallen apart from rust by now.

The theming in the old queue looks really well done, it would have been cool if the theming was extended to the ride itself so some of it could still be there now.

I'm also a bit curious about Kingda Ka's original queue. How different was it from the queue today, and do you have any pics of it?

The giant cauldron was used for years for FF before Skull Mt. was built. After the queue was removed, the cauldron was used for FF once again. The old Jeep truck was reused on the Hayride to the Unknown for many years after the removal of the queue. In the later years it had developed huge rust holes and probably has fallen apart from rust by now.

I forgot about the truck also being used in the hayrides after the queue was dismantled. I added that, and a picture to the Spotlight.

20000043%20copy.jpg

I couldn't find any proof that the Skull cauldron was used in FF prior to being used in the queue. I know they used a different one for years. If anyone has a pre-1996 photo of Skull's cauldron, I will update the SL.

SFGA0623B-OCT90.jpg

I recall the witch storyteller used to have a rounded cauldron before Skull Mt. I think later on they switched to the more cylindrical cauldron.

Edited by The Master

• 5 months later...
  • 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Skull Mountain - Original Queue Line