VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Paving the parking lot

hollyferry

Good for them. But this just makes me even more mad they aren't putting the solar panels in the parking lot. I figured a good reason they didn't was because it would require them to pave the parking lot and that would cost money. <_<

This will be great. The current condition of the parking lot is one of the few complaints I have with the park and if they can fix the major problem of people walking through the preferred parking exit area to get to the regular lot (a separate path would be good) that would really help too. I walk to the right side near the curb to avoid traffic but many others don't realize cars and the shuttle bus drive through that same area.

for some reason, the skyline in that photo looked more like Over Texas to me and I have only seen pictures and videos from the park (and played the scenario in RCT2); but I can clearly see its Great Adventure now

for some reason, the skyline in that photo looked more like Over Texas to me and I have only seen pictures and videos from the park (and played the scenario in RCT2); but I can clearly see its Great Adventure now

I didnt think it was ours either for some reason. Once i looked closer at it i realized it is our park, and somewhat recent too. Wonder where its from? My guess is maybe the day they filmed the zumnajaro commercial considering they have the helicopter get shots of the park.

Paving the lot is a great improvement for the park but I would have thought it would have been done during the short off season. I guess they can do sections during the week days while the park is only open on weekends.

I hope that they don't just throw new asphalt down, but use this as an opportunity to create clear, separated paths for pedestrians/wheelchairs/strollers, and clearly marked routes for cars. Separated shuttle routes would be great, too).

And for some more wishful thinking, it would be even more exciting to see them install islands for trash cans/trees as at SFA -- those would pretty up the parking lot, make navigation easier, and diminish the potential for the unsafe speeding that's so common in the current setup.

no i wonder if the whole thing is getting repaved because the perfered lot isnt that bad ??

I believe the whole thing is being done. It'll just be done in sections. Don't know why they'd only do certain spots as it'd create more work for the future and if they're redoing spaces and adding walkways it'd all have to be done.

I believe the whole thing is being done. It'll just be done in sections. Don't know why they'd only do certain spots as it'd create more work for the future and if they're redoing spaces and adding walkways it'd all have to be done.

Yea really, it wouldn't make sense to leave the preferred undone, because they'd just have to have it paved in a few years.