VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Characters in the park

hollyferry

Thanks!

I was there from 2007-2013. I was a rollerblading drummer in the parade in 08, and wonder woman in the parade for successive years until its completion.

I was actually hired there as a tech- doing pyro and lighting for dead man's, sound for temple of the tiger (and some edutaining), and other stuff here and there. But my time was primarily spent as wonder woman.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

They've been trying to hire Justice League characters for years. (Pretty much since the last time you saw them out at the park regularly)

The problem is that it's so difficult to find someone who meets the physical appearance requirements. They could look almost perfect, but DC may deny them because their eye brows are at too much of an angle, or something like that.

I can see that they don't want a really fat short person playing one of the characters, but eye brows?? They aren't in the lead role of a movie that will be seen by tens of millions of people worldwide. I understand protecting the brand, but aren't they being a bit over the top?

While they've tried to hire them for a long while, the search hasn't been as active as it is now

Yeah, they especially wanted them this year for Justice League.

I can see that they don't want a really fat short person playing one of the characters, but eye brows?? They aren't in the lead role of a movie that will be seen by tens of millions of people worldwide. I understand protecting the brand, but aren't they being a bit over the top?

Warner Brothers is pretty strict on the facial features. Even Batman has to have a specific and distinct jawline, despite the rest of his face being covered by a mask.

If you look at the Disney face characters, usually you'll have a hard time telling two different actors apart when in costume. I've noticed that Warner Brothers is actually much more lenient compared to Disney after looking at the different DC Comics character actors across Six Flags and Warner Brothers Movie World in Australia. They all pass as their character, but you can easily see differences.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

No law suits that I know of. It's a job that is primarily based on your looks in entertainment. They don't make you list your weight, or age. But they do want your height, measurements, and yes, you have to look a certain way. I got one denial back saying "posterior too large". We reshot my photos a few weeks later (I didn't lose weight, but the lighting the first time around made my butt look huuuuge), and I was approved.

Some are denied (as WW) because they sound too young, too short, too fat, wrong eye shadow (honest!), etc.

initial approval is through six flags corporate, then they send it up the chain to D.C.

And with Disney- they measure symmetry of face and all

• Like 1

No law suits that I know of. It's a job that is primarily based on your looks in entertainment. They don't make you list your weight, or age. But they do want your height, measurements, and yes, you have to look a certain way. I got one denial back saying "posterior too large". We reshot my photos a few weeks later (I didn't lose weight, but the lighting the first time around made my butt look huuuuge), and I was approved.

Some are denied (as WW) because they sound too young, too short, too fat, wrong eye shadow (honest!), etc.

initial approval is through six flags corporate, then they send it up the chain to D.C.

And with Disney- they measure symmetry of face and all

I'm surprised, but glad, that this process has not succumbed to the PC police.

• 4 years later...

I remember seeing Porky during Fright Fest 2018, but I have never seen Marvin. I assume Porky still meets, but what about Marvin?

Does Marvin still meet in the parks? It's been 5 years, and I wanna meet the superheroes :(

I'm sure Cyborg is impossible to find, because you'd require a minority, and there's rarely people willing to do that.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/28/2023 at 3:07 PM, pashacar said:

Yeah, the park seems like a mess this season BUT I am quite happy to see characters out again. I haven't seen them in many years now.

The post that aged like milk in question was me saying I'd never met Porky.

I also remember seeing Tweety at HitP 2021, but I finally met him at HitP 2023.