VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Should Skull Mountain recieve new props/effects for its 20th Anniversary?

I vote T:DK. The dispatch procedure means built-in time to get everyone set up with the headsets, plus they have the space to distribute the headsets in the indoor queue, and the theming to set up a potential story.

The Dark Knight wouldn't work, the cars dispatch too fast.

And having it on Superman wouldn't make any sense because you're facing down the entire ride, what are you going to be looking at?.

Nitro would be a pretty good ride to have it on, but Skull Mountain is another really good choice because there isn't much theming inside.

I vote T:DK. The dispatch procedure means built-in time to get everyone set up with the headsets, plus they have the space to distribute the headsets in the indoor queue, and the theming to set up a potential story.

I agree with this, given all the problems the VR causes to operations at the other SF parks, this is probably the only option at our park that wouldn't drastically increase lines. If people get set up with the helmets in the queue, the fast dispatching cars wouldn't likely be a big issue.

I wouldn't want it on Skull Mtn. since its station is pretty small already and it would really bring down its capacity. Also, I sort of get a kick out of its completely random music and props although I'm probably in the minority on that.

Originally Skull Mt had black light lit tiki faces which are still there. Then for either 1999 or 2000 FF they added the sound track and Halloween props as a seasonal layover which they didn't bother to take down.

Currently SF doesn't seem to care about quick dispatches as all their coasters are ridiculously slow dispatching the last two seasons.

Edited by The Master