VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Morey's Piers Trip Report

Viper26

As the first of two school trips, we went to the Morey's Piers. All schools visiting were only allowed at the Mariner's Pier though, and we left around 3:30 ish. I also spent around half my time at the water park unfortunately because my friends were there. No pictures this trip.

Sea Serpent - 3x

Maelstrom - 1x

Pirates of Wildwood - 1x

Zyklon Coaster - 1x

Lazy River - 4x

* I don't know the names of the slides, but I did each of them once.

* Sea Serpent is my first Boomerang coaster and the first looping coaster I've ridden that is not a B&M. I also found it to be a headbanger.

* I find the idea of Morey's Piers closing certain rides during the middle of the day for inspection to be

unnecessary; they should only do it before the park opens and after the park closes.

* Operations for rides and food are terribly slow. I would eat somewhere outside the pier itself, but we weren't allowed. However I did got an ice cream at Kohr Brothers because it was across from the arcade.

* Just like Six Flags, Morey's Piers hires foreign exchange students.

Sea Serpent could use the new Vekoma trains with the vest restraints Sidewinder at Hershey and Carolina Cobra at Carowinds have. Sidewinder has almost no headbanging with the new trains and restraints.

Were there live actors inside Pirates of Wildwood? It seems like half the time I was there in past trips, there are actors hiding in the building.

They have been talking about building that coaster for a decade now. Moreys is very fast with their water slide dispatches, did you slide down their unusual Skypond, water slide?

I have never been to the water parks there. Sky Pond looks like cool, almost like an elevated version of Riptide Run that Dorney used to have with regular slides instead terrain slides.

Skypond is a lot like the former Riptide. It seems pond slides like that are a older style of water slide that is no longer in fashion, and no new ones are being built. The little water park in Ocean City also has a Skypond slide that is shorter than Moreys and the only other one I know of.