VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: July 9th, 2016 - Caribbean Cove is open!

29yrswithaGApass

I really like these trip reports that all of you good people put up. I'm hoping they'll put some flats back there in that open space. The only thing I recognize back there is the Music Hall (remember when they were building it).

I noticed a bit of open space (where the Aqua Stadium used to be) and where "The Joker" resides. Could they put another flat in that space next to the Joker?

One other thing: What's that huge pole sticking up behind the water tower?

Caribbean Cove looks like it will be a fun addition for kids. I like that picture of Skull Mountain's waterfall with the trough the water goes into. It's cool to see how it works (I never really thought about it before with the waterfalls not running for so many years).

Nice of you to get some shots of the Buccaneer and The Fort. Don't remember those trees being there back in the day.

At the other end of the park, what are the two buildings that we see from atop the Giant Wheel over where Fun Fair used to be? Is there any way they can be taken down in favor of putting another 5-6 rides in the location?

What's that huge pole sticking up behind the water tower?

It is a communications tower for the park.

At the other end of the park, what are the two buildings that we see from atop the Giant Wheel over where Fun Fair used to be? Is there any way they can be taken down in favor of putting another 5-6 rides in the location?

The grey box is The Dark Knight Coaster and the black capped building next to it is the Xploratorium. That originally was part of the Chiller ride but in later years was expanded for interactive exhibits which lasted only one season. Today it is used as a training center but the possibilities exist for bigger and better things!

I was at the waterpark the same day. Not sure if you noticed, but you can now ride in a double tube on King Cobra as I did with my friend. I'm not sure if they added more supports to the ride but it was sure a lot more fun with someone else rather than by yourself.

It's just a big inconvienience having to go all the way around to get from Big Bam Boo, to Big Wave Racer when they are 20ft apart. But this line of Logic the Park is showing in HH, is exactly why i think that the only place a "JL" will go is in the Boardwalk. This is a perfect example of that, just like making us walk thru the Boardwalk to get from Ka to Diablo when they could easily make a path to the left of Diablo, that would bring you directly across from Ka's Station. They won't pass up a chance to get more people going in the Boardwalk.