VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

John Fitzgerald will be leaving Six Flags Great Adventure

gasmforever

As many of you may have heard, Six Flags Great Adventure Park President John Fitzgerald has resigned his position at the park and will be departing his role shortly at GA. John joined up with SFGA in 2010 and since the 2011 season has been instrumental in adding several much needed additions to the park to round out its offerings. These have included Adventure Alley with its assortment of family rides in 2012, the highly-rated Safari Off Road Adventure in 2013, the record breaking Zumanjaro drop tower in 2014, El Diablo and Holiday in the Park in 2015, and most recently the Joker coaster for 2016.

John will be missed and I'd like to wish him happiness and success wherever the road leads him. Good luck John and thanks for taking such good care of Great Adventure during the Fitzgerald Era!

2012_08_04_IMG_4112%20copy.jpg

• Like 1

this might be good for the park. maybe things will start being fixed and the coasters that are rusting away will get some fresh paint. also, maybe the park will add much needed shows.

No matter who manages Great Adventure, the issues remain the same. Call it the "Big Wheel" lights syndrome. No matter how many times management promises to replace or upgrade the lights on the "Big Wheel", so many sections remain in a literal dark state or disrepair.

I'm not qualified to rate the Fitzgerald Era, as I haven't been to Great Adventure since 2008. His reviews are mixed from what I gather here. Only Harry can speculate with any degree of credibility, how much latitude corporate gave him in terms of future planning and day to day staffing. Out of all the Six Flags Managers I've read about, the best by far was Jay Thomas. What a terrible waste of good talent Six Flags made when they removed him from Magic Mountain.

• Like 1

No matter who manages Great Adventure, the issues remain the same. Call it the "Big Wheel" lights syndrome. No matter how many times management promises to replace or upgrade the lights on the "Big Wheel", so many sections remain in a literal dark state or disrepair.

I'm not qualified to rate the Fitzgerald Era, as I haven't been to Great Adventure since 2008. His reviews are mixed from what I gather here. Only Harry can speculate with any degree of credibility, how much latitude corporate gave him in terms of future planning and day to day staffing. Out of all the Six Flags Managers I've read about, the best by far was Jay Thomas. What a terrible waste of good talent Six Flags made when they removed him from Magic Mountain.

Thoroughly agree. A park president can have opinions and try to advocate for them, but mainly they're responsible for keeping revenue up and costs down. At the end of the day it's corporate that decides on capex, as well as the budget that it's the park president's job to work within. They don't have as much leeway as people act like they do.