VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

How many times did you visit Hurricane Harbor in 2016?

How many times did you visit Hurricane Harbor in 2016?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How many times did you visit Hurricane Harbor in 2016?

• 2-4
    • 5-7
    • 8-10
    • 11+
  2. 2. How did the number of visits in 2016 compare to 2015?

• I visited more times this year.
    • I visited fewer times this year.
    • I visited the same amount of times as last year.

We basically spent the entire summer at HH and Cape May. It was just too hot of a summer to not be in the water somewhere. Think we're well over 11 trips at HH, at least my kids are. All in all I thought it was a fantastic season. Weekends were brutal sometimes but when I was able to make it during the week it was great.

We went 5x. Same amount as last year. We have a pool, so it wasnt a priority to go get wet, we just go for slides. It always boggles my mind, the inability of the cashiers at HH to count change properly. Never, and i can honestly say never, have they given me proper change back om the first try. Always too little or too much. Its bad because the goddamn register tells them how much to give and they still dont get it right!! It makes me sad really. But we still enjoy going. Just count your change lol

I only visited once this year because of my disappointment with their poor operations. Only got on one slide there the whole season. With having my own pool and better water parks around, it just wasn't worth going there again.

Anybody went to the bonus days? Was it decent? I was thinking of going but my pool was still nice so stayed home, especially with the limited operations at the waterpark.

Edited by The Master

Only went once this year. Went several times last year along with going to Asbury Beach alot. This year I had my dad from Virginia for several weeks and also getting ready for my daughter for college, we could not make enough time. On a side note I only went to Gadv twice so far along with my daughter. My wife and son only went once... Seems like the SP and DP we got was not worth it this year.

Only went once this year for my first visit ever. I went on a Sunday when it was supposed to rain, it ended up being empty and sunny until about 4pm when the rain started but I was already in the car on the way home. I was able to get on everything several times cause there were basically no lines. Most of the time it took longer to walk through the queue then waiting to get on.

I can't imagine ever going here when it's crowded though. I will go back next year but I'll probably chance it with a bad weather day or go really early on during the season.

• 6 months later...

I've never been to HH. Now with GA season pass I may consider it, even just to hang around and wade in the pool and grab some eats. I definitely will not go on a weekend though. A previous water park visit to Dorney Park on a weekend was a disaster I won't ever repeat. I assume the dining pass is good at HH also?

Edited by dougdrummer

I've never been to HH. Now with GA season pass I may consider it, even just to hang around and wade in the pool and grab some eats. I definitely will not go on a weekend though. A previous water park visit to Dorney Park on a weekend was a disaster I won't ever repeat. I assume the dining pass is good at HH also?

A Premium Dining Pass from Great Adventure definitely works at HH.

There's a lot of confusion over whether Basic and Deluxe passes also work at HH. Some responses from Gadv's Guest Relations have said they work, and some responses said they don't, so who knows.

Keep in mind the times are different for HH.

Every day at HH is a bad day anymore. They have good slides, but operations there are horrible. Its also very crowded, much more so than WWK. On tripadvisor there are horror stories on people only getting on 2 to 3 slides all day. Flash Pass ruins the park for everyone who doesn't rent it.

Edited by The Master

Every day at HH is a bad day anymore. They have good slides, but operations there are horrible. Its also very crowded, much more so than WWK. On tripadvisor there are horror stories on people only getting on 2 to 3 slides all day. Flash Pass ruins the park for everyone who doesn't rent it.

2 or 3 slides?? That's insane! What a waste of time and money, even if you already have a season's pass. I may go once just to see it for the first time, sit by the pool, and try to use my meal pass.

2 or 3 slides?? That's insane! What a waste of time and money, even if you already have a season's pass. I may go once just to see it for the first time, sit by the pool, and try to use my meal pass.

Try to go early in the season. The family raft slides only have 4 rafts in operation, 2 per side. This is vs Beast of the East at Splashzone which has 8 rafts in operation, or Aqua Blast at WWK with 10 rafts. The toboggan slides on the Hurricane Mt tower also only has 4 rafts, 2 per side. Their river also does not have many free tubes so don't be surprised if you have to walk their river.