VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

11/19/16

Yoshi

I went to the park on Saturday for the first day of Holiday in the Park. Crowds weren't too bad early in the day but by around 3:30, the park got kind of crowded and food had the longest lines of anything in the park except early in the day. I'm sure the nice weather contributed to the crowds with the temperature getting up to 70 degrees.

Just like last year the park looked amazing with all the lights throughout the park.

The train near the stunt arena had the fence removed from 2 weeks ago and there were a lot of people stopping to take pictures. I also saw the Fright Fest display had a Santa hat added to the Skull.

The line to see Santa looked shorter compared to trips to the park last year where every time I walked past the line it had a lot of people waiting.

It was nice to see Batman running 2 trains and like last year Skull Mountain and Nitro were also running 2 trains.

Harley Quinn Crazy Train had an almost full queue, probably with all the families with kids in the park and with the Joker bringing more people to the ride area.

I tried Joker again and got the purple side. This time there were 2 flips in a row and although the flips weren't as bad as I thought they would be, I still didn't like the feeling too much and seeing the green side flip right away at the top of the lift almost every time, makes me hesitant to try that side.

Driving home was interesting, the last hour of the drive took 2 hours because of the snow falling and accumulation making it difficult to see the road and lanes. It's weird to go from 70 degrees and walking around the park riding coasters and wearing shorts, a t-shirt and a light jacket to barely above freezing weather in a few hours.

I'm glad the offseason still doesn't start for another 5 1/2 weeks.

IMG_1235.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

Joker looked great with the light shining on the coaster

IMG_1239.JPG

I liked these green and blue lights near the Parachutes

Interesting the train wasn't there, it was small anyways. We're thinking of going this weekend but I have no ideas about crowds.

I went on Black Friday last year. Crowds weren't that bad but expect traffic near the park due to the outlets being near. Most people would go there instead.

I was there Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend last year, it wasn't crowded that day either. I don't think it would be that crowded this weekend but this season I feel like what has happened in past years is different with crowd levels. Some days I thought the park would be empty ended up being more crowded and some days I thought would be crowded weren't that bad. One example was opening night of Fright Fest. In past years Friday nights in September were extremely low crowds especially in the middle of the month, this year it was crowded.