VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv.Debate #42: Would you stay at GA hotel?

Six Flags Great Adventure Hotel  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Even if you live near Great Adventure, would you consider staying at a GA hotel at or close to the park as part of a special get-a-way?

• Yes.
    • No.

It's hard to say. If they go with a hotel/water park like camelback then yes. If it's just a dopey hotel on the property, then no. We would need some sort of entertainment aside from being able to walk to the park.

I would a couple of times a year and go to the park 2 days in a row instead of just 1. If I still lived 50 minutes away from the park I probably wouldn't stay at a hotel without an indoor water park but now that it's a much longer drive, I'd be more willing to stay at a hotel near the park even without a water park.

Better question is, would they really build a hotel with a water park when they already have HH? They would be able to use the hotel 9 months out of the year at this point with the current holiday in the park schedule. I don't reallyu see the need for them to build an indoor water park. With that said I would only stay at the hotel if I was traveling and GA was a stop on my trip, otherwise I am only 80 miles from the park. Perfect for a day trip

Like others have said, I live to close to justify the cost of a hotel stay.

And we love to camp instead, especially since we own a nice travel trailer.

I'm heading to Boston for a family wedding in a couple weeks, and I'm a little ticked I have to spend nearly $200 on a hotel where the party reserved a block of rooms.

Edited by dougdrummer

And we love to camp instead, especially since we own a nice travel trailer.

I'm heading to Boston for a family wedding in a couple weeks, and I'm a little ticked I have to spend nearly $200 on a hotel where the party reserved a block of rooms.

A campsite would be amazing, but I doubt it would happen.

Just my 2 cents. I don't think GA attracts a fun camping crowd. Just observe our parking lot at closing on a busy night. Like what you see and hear? Imagine that with a tent. Just saying.

Edited by IBOK

Most campgrounds today rent trailers and cabins for the non-back-to-nature crowd. You just have to be careful to separate them from the rest of the people. LOL

The real issue is alcohol control in campgrounds. I've been to nice campgrounds that were like the infield at a NASCAR race because the people on the site next door were drinking so heavily. They were so drunk and rowdy but we couldn't approach them out of fear for our safety, and because it was off-season, there was no management around to reign them in.