VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

"Beltway Trip"- 6/3 and 6/4

Mr.Six

Notes: I forgot to post it,

I rode Volcano 3 times, not 2, same with Intimidator, I rode it 4 times.

Day 1: Just Kings Dominion

After a long awaited journey we stepped into the car at 4:30AM to go to Kings Dominion. When we arrived I was shocked with how they did the front gate. The line went fast and looked amazing with the Eiffel Tower in view. Because of a combo deal we had the food pass (which you ate ever 90 minutes), the picture pass and Fastlane+. First we went to Dominator which was better then I expected. I honestly think it's better than Bizarro. Next we went to Volcano where I discovered the Battle for Kings Dominion app. It's a virtual world app that makes waiting in line a lot quicker. Anyway, since we had the fastlane we got right onto Volcano. It was very unique! Next was Avalanche (For the Coaster Credit). After that we went to Anaconda and, never again. I wonder why I was the only one in the queue. After that I rode Backlot Stunt Coaster (twice) and then went to Flight of Fear, which is rougher then Jokers Jinx at Six Flags America. And finally after years of waiting, it was time for Intimidator 305. I loved it. It is now my favorite coaster. After that we took a break at Kings Dominion's Soak City. They had some solid slides. We went to the log flume which is a lot different then SFGADVs. Your on the ground and don't really go up to down, except for the big drop. After that it was time for the Eiffel Tower and wow, what a view! I got some great photos from up there. After that we took a quick break. After that for the credit we went to Planet Snoopy to get the 2 coaster credits. Now we went to Delirium which I was suprised how fun it was. Right across the way was Rebel Yell and WOW! Front row while its racing is amazing. After this we went back for Dominator for a ride and then to Volcano. Following that we went to Intimidator 305 again and following that Flight of Fear again. We went back to Rebel Yell and then Ricochet. What I thought was my final ride (Grizzly) was pretty fun at night. But then we had just enough time to go to Intimidator 305 while the fireworks were going off. My trip went out with a bang!

Day 2: Six Flags America and Baltimore

The original plan was to go to Six Flags America the whole day that day. But, plans changed. We decided to go to SFA for only an hour and then hit Baltimore. When we arrived at SFA we went right to Jokers Jinx and then Superman. And then Roar. Short visit but got some rides in. After that we went to the Camden Yards to see an O's game which was very cool. Then we went to the Inner Harbor to end out the trip. Overall it was an amazing trip. Hope to do something like this next year!

I was hoping to get to Six Flags America this summer or fall. Is it a lot smaller than Great Adventure?

It's smaller than Great Adventure however they do have a water park included.

I was hoping to get to Six Flags America this summer or fall. Is it a lot smaller than Great Adventure?

Its a lot more downsized but it's a good day trip.

Nice report, it sounds like Kings Dominion has gotten a lot better since my last visit in 2003.

Camden Yards is a really nice stadium, I like how it looks like an older stadium but doesn't have some of the issues that the older stadiums have like the uncomfortable seats at Fenway.

It's a lot smaller but it's a long-a$$ hike to the "headliner" rides in Gotham.If you get there at opening time you could possibly cram it all in in a half-day type trip,though I do recommend you allow time for the stunt show.

Operations at SFA are not as good as GADV. It is also the only place where a break in was attempted on my car. The clientele at SFA are even rougher than at GADV which is pretty rough. SFA has nice rides but it isn't far from the DC ghettos. Their HH has some cool old fashion water slides you do not see much of anymore.

Nice report, it sounds like Kings Dominion has gotten a lot better since my last visit in 2003.

Camden Yards is a really nice stadium, I like how it looks like an older stadium but doesn't have some of the issues that the older stadiums have like the uncomfortable seats at Fenway.

A few years back we sat in the nosebleed seats way up top and I felt like I was on top of the stadium and going to fall down on the sections below me. The stairs up to our seats felt like I was crawling up a roller coaster lift waiting for the first big drop. LOL

Operations at SFA are not as good as GADV. It is also the only place where a break in was attempted on my car. The clientele at SFA are even rougher than at GADV which is pretty rough. SFA has nice rides but it isn't far from the DC ghettos. Their HH has some cool old fashion water slides you do not see much of anymore.

When I went, the employees were really nice but they were slow doing things. They used to been rude and rough but that was before Jim Reid Anderson became CEO. Guests were nice and not all were rowdy the last time I went.

Yes, I know SFA is near some of the more dangerous inner beltway suburbs of DC such as Hyattsville and New Carrollton but the park itself is located outside the beltway in a wealthy community called Woodmore which is one of the wealthiest places in PG County and the state of Maryland.