VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Major change coming to Pirates of the Caribbean in 2018.

The Master

According to Screamscape, both the DL and WDW versions of the ride will have their famous bride auction scenes changed. The Redhead will be changed to a female pirate and the scene changed to villagers surrendering their loot. I really hate this PC and SJW crap that some jam down are throats anymore. You think they would have learned not to fix what isn't broken with the debacle with the original Imagination ride.

I'm expecting Jungle Cruise is next, if they refurbish the ride because of the upcoming movie, it would also give them time to change out the parts of the ride some people find offensive. Then there is the Haunted Mansion, with the guy hanging himself.

Disney is even selling merchandise with the Redhead, so it does seem strange all of the sudden the scene is changing.

https://www.disneystore.com/tees-tops-shirts-clothes-pirates-of-the-caribbean-tee-for-men-twenty-eight-main-collection/mp/1410985/1000228/

I think this is a stupid move just like so many other changes they've made in recent years. The old saying is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and goodness knows Disney has enough broke attractions (Imagination, Stitch, etc.) that need attention instead of the constant changes to Pirates, Big Thunder, and Mansion which are consistently popular rides.

That being said, the redhead is still going to be a part of the ride, but now as a bad ass hero running the auction, going from victim to victor. I get the nostalgia, but the problem is Disney (through the movies) turned the pirates into heroes instead of the bad guys. Suddenly having the "good guys" selling the women to be raped is not fit for a theme park attraction. This is also apparently going to be part of the plot of another Pirates movie in the pipeline.

They did change the bride ghost in Haunted Mansion to a black widow, which is offensive to some. So violence against men is ok, but not women. Not to go MRA, but is does seem a little unfair. Both POTC and HM are dark rides that are supposed to be a little dark. So what is next, change the scene where the pirates are drowning villagers in the well or where they are burning down the town? I am surprised with the changes they are keeping the fat woman who will be surrendering chickens, ie foodstuffs.

• Like 1