VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Welcome Past & Present Food Service Team Members!

GAcoaster

• 6 months later...

Although not officially a member of the Foods Team, my friend and I were originally assigned to work in Bandstanza (now Looney Tunes Camp Kitchen) and the "new" waffle cone stand outside of Bugs Bunny Land (since demolished for El Toro). By the way, that was when waffle cone preparation was an art that included the delicate construction of the freshly cooked waffle wrapped and formed by placing it around a wooden cone shaped mold; not open the box and slide out a waffle cone!

Luckily we switched to rides before we got started. I remember the two of us hitting all the local malls because we needed to find totally blue sneakers without any white markings to go with our Foods uniforms. That's when dress codes were more strict. Why they picked blue shoes to go with brown and orange uniforms always puzzled me! We never found those sneakers.

We would have gladly worn those but they didn't come in solid blue. The only pair "G.A.G.S." sold was a pair that looked like you stepped off the set of the Brady Bunch!

From a fashion sense, switching to rides was a much better deal. They had those cool rainbow colored shirts with triangular blue fold down collar. Totally 80's- I felt like a member of Duran Duran !!

• 6 months later...
  • 11 years later...

I started in food service in 1977, when there was only a cotton candy stand in the games area. Then it switched to a yogurt stand and everyone hated it because it wasn't ice cream. I was able to switch to the entertainment department because I was an air cooled VW mechanic at the time.

On 1/3/2020 at 1:53 AM, 77Grad said:

I started in food service in 1977, when there was only a cotton candy stand in the games area. Then it switched to a yogurt stand and everyone hated it because it wasn't ice cream. I was able to switch to the entertainment department because I was an air cooled VW mechanic at the time.

Nice-- I'm guessing you took care of the backup motors for the Skyride after that! :D

• 4 years later...