VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Rides in the Boneyard

does anybody really know whats in there?.If you have pics can you please load them up into a gallery or on these boards. Maybe GA coul set up a paid tour of the boneyard to help pay for some new flats? I would love to know what has happened to rides lik freefall and viper? did they really get sold for scrap metal or are they rusting in a lot net to GA. Maybe they could auction off some of the old cars from rides that are defunct. i would love to have the front car of viper or a car from free fall in my basment!

If you take a look at some of the older posts related to Flyin' Phil's flyovers of the park, he does have some photos of the boneyard prior to many of the recent flat ride removals in the park for this season. It can be tough to tell what some of the items inside it are, but it gives you and idea of how much GA has laying around back there.

As of the last photos I saw, the only complete (or MOSTLY complete) rides in the boneyard were:

-Joust-A-Bout

-Time Warp

-Jumpin Jack Flash

-Enterprise

-Chaos

All of those ride I believe had mechanical problems of some sort which is why they were retired to the boneyard.

I would imagine that Viper and Freefall scrapped, but I could see some of their parts being sold off too. I believe that one of Viper's trains was actually still sitting in the parking lot next to Kingda Ka for a few years (might still be there we haven't been parking on that side this year) so I would imagine that if we still have the trains ther wasn't much other use for the ride itself.

here are some links to some of Phil's flyovers to look through to boneyard pictures if you'd like:

2-24

2-3

12-30

Here is one more for ya.

Edited by JetsDevs4Lyf

You would think that if the park spent 9.5 million dollars on a roller coaster they would have done something other than get money for the steel as scrap. you only get 30$ per ton of steel. I hope the few years they had the ride it at least got paid off. seems like a total waist of money. Im sure some board walk pier or some other small amusment park would have put up with the bs and atleast SF could have gotton atleast 1 million for it . freefall i can understand going to scrap as the ride was acient and impossible too sell. the demon drop is listed for sale and no body is intrested in buying it.its been up for sale for 3 years now.

TOGO who made Viper and a few other coaster like Ultra Twister, I think is out of business today thanks in part to some crummy ride designs and i believe a lawsuit from a company in the US. With that in mind it would have been very difficult for the park to sell off Viper due to the fact that anyone willing to take it would not have a parent company to go to in case of any problems with the coaster or retrofiting that might have toi be done. The best someone could have done would be to have custom replacement parts made which carries a heavy price tag and that would not be worth it to anyone the park could have sold Viper to.

• 2 years later...

Thanks to Flyin' Phil, we now have some new shots of the park's boneyard! It looks like the recently removed kiddies rides (Lady Bugs, LTSP Planes, and LTSP Boats) are in the boneyard now. It would be great to see them brought back into the park, maybe as part of "Safari Kids"!

Also, I think I spy a pair of old Calypso cars back in the woods. If so, those would be the oldest ride in the yard.

Click the images to see full size versions with names.

gallery_2_43_814642.jpg

gallery_2_43_82808.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The plane that was in front of The Right Stuff is the plane in Green Lantern's queue, isn't it? As of the date of the picture, it would still be in the boneyard.

When I first saw the Green Lantern plane, that's what I thought too. It looks like they made several mods to it though.

*Edit* I saw it from a different angle. You're right, it is the F-104 from the right stuff.

Edited by Nitro24

• 8 years later...