VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

A Step Back in Time - Great Adventure as it Looked in Summer of 1994....

Hi Everyone,

Take a journey over Six Flags Great Adventure from Summer of 1994. I shot this Home Video with our 8mm SONY camcorder as a passenger in my Dad's 1946 Fairchild airplane. Even though our camcorder did not have image stabilization, most of the video is fairly steady and I think you will enjoy it.

You have (2) options for viewing, depending on your connection speed (Right Click and Save File to Your Computer FIRST):

MPEG @ 150 Mb

WMV @ 67 Mb

Take your pick !!!

Enjoy ;)

Awesome, it's still kind of amazing to take a look at our park before the giants that tower over it today were around. Compared to what we are used to seeing today with the big coasters dominating the skyline, the park looks smaller just because ou don't have the behemoths at every corner. Good stuff Phil your video (and as always pictures) are great in rememberng our park as well as the various other locations you shoot at. Thanks!

Phil, Thanks so much for sharing this with us! What a perfect capture of Great Adventure history! I am always amazed seeing the park in your pictures (and now video!) from above. I love the view looking down the Skyride (long ways) with all the towers in a row.

This is GREAT stuff !!! :clap:

It is neat to see the park before any MAJOR coasters were present. I especially liked seeing Adventure Rivers, since I was not attending the park when this attraction was there. I pretty much forgot that I shot this video before I made the Screen Grab Gallery from this footage. I only wish we had the Digital camcorders of today, complete with image stabilization, back then....

Thanks a lot for your comments :D