VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fireworks Ring in the New Year Early at GA on Dec 31- CANCELLED

29yrswithaGApass

Family-Friendly Fireworks Ring in the New Year Early at

Six Flags Great Adventure’s Holiday in the Park® Dec. 31

WHAT:

Families can ring in 2018 amid the twinkling lights of Six Flags Great Adventure’s Holiday in the Park® with a spin on some of their favorite rides followed by a New Year’s Eve fireworks spectacular at 9 p.m.

WHERE:

Six Flags Great Adventure

Rt. 537

Jackson, NJ 08527

WHEN:

Holiday in the Park operates daily from 1 to 9 p.m. through January 1, 2018.

New Year’s Eve fireworks take place at 9 p.m. December 31, 2017. ** NOTE:  Due to extreme cold the fireworks have been cancelled.**

DETAILS: 

Fireworks are free with park admission, Season Pass and active Membership. Guests will have the best view from the Main Street Christmas section, where they will feel immersed in the festive music and eye-popping pyrotechnics lighting up the sky around them.

Open for its third season in 2017, Holiday in the Park features new attractions, shows, rides and a variety of new dining options. This incredibly immersive and magical holiday experience features 13 specially-themed areas with sights, sounds, scents and experiences coordinated to provide each section with distinct holiday character.

Holiday in the Park also features more than 30 thrilling rides such as the new JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, Sky Way, SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy 11 pint-sized thrills in Whimsical Wonderland. Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like Nitro, BATMAN: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN, SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster, Skull Mountain and THE JOKER. All rides and entertainment are weather permitting. Frontier Adventures including Safari Off Road Adventure, Bugs Bunny National Park, Golden Kingdom and Plaza del Carnaval do not operate during the festival.

More information about Holiday in the Park is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Fireworks Ring in the New Year Early at GA on Dec 31- CANCELLED
13 hours ago, dougdrummer said:

So what do they do with the fireworks?  Is it a vendor that supplies and stages the display?  Do fireworks have a shelf life and can they be saved until next summer?  Or are they specific to the holiday season and need to be saved a whole year?

When I was a kid I got to buy fireworks from South Of The Border,and  light them off on New Year's & July 4th,so fireworks DO have a shelf life as long as they're in a cool dry spot.

However,Great Adv. probably put a refundable down payment  at a professional pyrotechnical company for a New Year's display.

15 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

When I was a kid I got to buy fireworks from South Of The Border,and  light them off on New Year's & July 4th,so fireworks DO have a shelf life as long as they're in a cool dry spot.

However,Great Adv. probably put a refundable down payment  at a professional pyrotechnical company for a New Year's display.

That makes sense, but I can't imagine it's fully refundable.  I'm pretty sure SF took a financial hit for cancelling.  Those fireworks probably cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.