VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Welcome Past & Present Grounds Quality Team Members!

GAcoaster

• 1 month later...

hey i am rob (most who worked with me knew me as robi), i worked park services or grounds quality during the 2007 season. I was a lead from June ( the weekend of tony hawk) till August 26, 2007, my radio call number most of the time was 236 ( i was an eastern lead even though i prefered the west). I was demoted and written up due to calling out sick to go to hershey park with this girl that also worked in the dept (i had requested this off but did not receive). After being demoted i was put in central for the rest of the season, but i left two weeks before the season. although i do plan to return to the park i will not be returning to Park Serv. i will be in security and probably have robbi on my name tag.

-MRHSF

• 2 months later...

unfountaly, I will be back in park services this Season, unless the head our Dept approves me to tranfer to security (which i have my doubts about). Oh well so much for my original plans, the only reason they didnt do it at the job fair yesterday was because their was a two hour wait for loss prevention interveiws. So my only hope is to get tranfered after the season starts.

unfountaly, I will be back in park services this Season, unless the head our Dept approves me to tranfer to security (which i have my doubts about). Oh well so much for my original plans, the only reason they didnt do it at the job fair yesterday was because their was a two hour wait for loss prevention interveiws. So my only hope is to get tranfered after the season starts.

A transfer could easily happen especially if there is a need in Security. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Update:I have decided to stay in park services as their was word that i could be promoted. Well now only three weeks into the season and i have been promoted. I have management training tomorrow and sunday then next weekend i will be in shirt and tie.

• 4 years later...

Update:I have decided to stay in park services as their was word that i could be promoted. Well now only three weeks into the season and i have been promoted. I have management training tomorrow and sunday then next weekend i will be in shirt and tie.

Congratulations Robbi! I hope to see you sometime as we clock in! :)

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

2 notes about Grounds in the 70's

The day-crew Grounds Clean-up did a great Job keeping up with the huge crowds , especially on weekends...and with every Supervisor from every department on their backs if the least little bit of trash were left on the ground anywhere. T.C. FREEMAN Brother of the 1st General Manager when 6 Flags took over was always out in the Park looking for 'Dirt' either trash, or the appearance of an employee..He would act like a drill sgt. dealing with his own troops when he found a violation.

The Midnite Crew that did the serious cleaning while the Park was closed, was a whole different type of operation. They tended to be somewhat more "Independent" in their operation,using the big power-sweepers and vacums ans steam power washers to get the grit out of places that couldn't be touched with guests around. They also looked like a Motorcycle Gang when the got together. I don't know if the night crew is still the "outcasts that they were in the opening era, but that group was certainly unique in all the subsets of Operations departments. Lots of humor on the night shift about the cleanup crew and their rather odd behavior.