VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SeaWorld Orlando Infinity Falls

GAcoaster

Today I got to do a preview of Infinity Falls. It's finally just about ready to open (five months behind schedule) but WOW! 

This ride will absolutely soak you. It is fast and fun and really a great addition to SeaWorld. It made me realize just how dated and tamed down Congo Rapids has become over the years. 

https://twitter.com/matthewlynch91/status/1045356268511100928

• Like 2

The drop looks like it is a lot of fun. When so many parks are removing rapids rides, it's nice to see a new ride being added. Maybe it's because I'm used to the green looking water at Thunder Canyon at Dorney but the blue looking water looks a lot nicer than other rapids rides too.

This ride looks great!  I could see more parks adopting Seaworld's financial strategy with this type of ride to help offset the operating costs.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-seaworld-infinity-falls-extras-20180828-story.html

-mischievous bystanders can soak unsuspecting riders down below with a push of a button that sprays water from fake telescopes.

Then the departing passengers can immediately stand in the family-sized dryers so they aren’t gushing around the theme park in dripping socks.

None of it is free.

The dryer: $5. The stealthy water soaker is 50-cents a pop. To buy tokens for the soaker, a credit card machine is placed conveniently nearby.

“Think about the genius of it,” said Scott Smith, an associate hospitality professor at the University of South Carolina who follows theme parks. “You get them to pay money to soak the riders and they have pay to money to get dried off.”

For SeaWorld, such minimal extras may add up to big-time revenue. The 50-cent sprayer could potentially generate tens of thousands of dollars a year, said Smith, calculating if somebody pressed it once every other minute.

“The beauty of it is it’s pure profit,” Smith said.

On 9/28/2018 at 3:17 PM, Medusa42 said:

This ride looks great!  I could see more parks adopting Seaworld's financial strategy with this type of ride to help offset the operating costs.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-seaworld-infinity-falls-extras-20180828-story.html

That's SOP for any park with a water ride now.  Just look at the area around the log flume.