VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

willy wonka dark ride

harry2004

i was reading this alton towers trip report when i came across a charlie and the chocolate factory themed dark ride, if you dont believe me, watch this video

after i watch the video, this make me think if theme park companies like six flags might consider build this ride but theme to the movies such as the 1971 one or the 2005 one, if six flags ever build this, maybe they could contact warnermedia to build this willy wonka themed ride and put it at six flags parks like six flags great adventure, where i love to see it, but knowing six flags has trouble using tie ins to promte new movies like batman and robin, dark knight coaster, and green lantern, i dont think a ride based on of the movie seems likely, but perhaps six flags will play ball with warnermedia and throw us a one or install multiple in 2020 or 2021. 

this is some what off topic but here is the quesiton of the day:

could they use other ip like warner bros has like: lethal weapon, willy wonka, the meg, cartoon network, kids wb, the matrix and more (cannot use harry potter)

Edited by harry2004

They might be able to but I don't know if it would benefit the park if had an attraction with those properties except Kids WB. Many of those properties are older and may not have the marketability if it is something most park visitors aren't familiar with.

but with a willy wonka prequel in the works, theres alot of ways to market it better. but the movie goers of the willy wonka fandom always complains the same way how they complain the 2005 movie, yeah the 2005 one wasnt that great but atleast its made like the book have and i like both wonkas from 1971 and 2005, but people calling the 2005 a remake, its like people call sonic a nintendo game.

Edited by harry2004

18 hours ago, harry2004 said:

but people calling the 2005 a remake, its like people call sonic a nintendo game.

Not even close. There is no way to make that analogy work or make sense. Both movies essentially tell the same story they were released by the same production company and shown using the same media so in a sense it is a remake/reboot. Calling Sonic a Nintendo game is not calling it a remake/reboot. Oh, and nobody does this, you can play Sonic games on all of the platforms, except a Sega Genesis unless you have one. (I do)

but if justice league, cyborg, and wonder woman went to boardwalk in the first place, then we see a willy wonka ride replaces the chiller or autobahn instead and keeping movietown be movietown, and rethemeing nitro to the meg, and adding wb themed rides here in movietown with dc is at the boardwalk area

i think the only place where a willy wonka could work is to move dare devil dare and put it here, and maybe overhaul fantasy forest and expand it into where the great lake grandstand used to be, i could see the teacups moved to the great lake grandstand lot and using the building where the teacups is for a theater, maybe take out the paintball building and make it a walkway

On 10/2/2018 at 9:58 AM, harry2004 said:

this is some what off topic but here is the quesiton of the day:

could they use other ip like warner bros has like: lethal weapon, willy wonka, the meg, cartoon network, kids wb, the matrix and more (cannot use harry potter)

No, they can only use the IP they've licensed.  The licensing agreement is specific to certain characters and in some situations is actually geographically limited as to what characters can be used.  From their annual report:

"In particular, our license agreements entitle us to use, subject to customary approval rights of Warner Bros. and, in limited circumstances, approval rights of certain third parties, all animated, cartoon and comic book characters that Warner Bros. and DC Comics have the right to license, including Batman, Superman, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird and Yosemite Sam, and include the right to sell merchandise using the characters. In addition, certain 9 Hanna-Barbera characters including Yogi Bear, Scooby-Doo and The Flintstones are available for our use at certain of our theme parks."

On a separate note, the Roald Dahl holds the licensing rights to that IP.  Alton Towers closed their ride in 2015 when the Roald Dahl Foundation wouldn't renew the license.

Yes, and they dropped the all because they didn't make back the money they spent on them. 

If Warner Brothers (who controls the Willy Wonka IP) didn't make an agreement with Universal when Universal wanted to build a Willy Wonka attraction, I don't see Six Flags being able to pay for it either. 

1.  The ride license for Willy Wonka is held by the Roald Dahl foundation.  The movie rights are held by Warner Brothers.  They are NOT THE SAME THING.  They would theoretically have to acquire the rights to both if they want to use movie likenesses instead of book likenesses.

2. Why the hell would anyone build a second park in either one of those locations around that particular IP?  It would make for a bomb ass dark ride but an entirely other park?  Where's the demand?

3.  In case you guys haven't noticed, Great Adventure isn't Six Flags' biggest concern right now.  

Edited by Lemur

18 minutes ago, Lemur said:

1.  The ride license for Willy Wonka is held by the Roald Dahl foundation.  The movie rights are held by Warner Brothers.  They are NOT THE SAME THING.  They would theoretically have to acquire the rights to both if they want to use movie likenesses instead of book likenesses.

well. six flags almost got a fortnite ride by license the rights, so if six flags got to license something, willy wonka could be a choice

2. Why the hell would anyone build a second park in either one of those locations around that particular IP?  It would make for a bomb ass dark ride but an entirely other park?  Where's the demand?

im talking about this one: warner-bros-world-abu-dhabi-entrance_a.a

not a candy theme park themed to charlie and the chocolate factory, sorry for your confusing

18 minutes ago, Lemur said:

3.  In case you guys haven't noticed, Great Adventure isn't Six Flags' biggest concern right now.  

yeah, we know great adnveutre is not a concern but six flags great adventure did not have shows as well as a original coaster since 2006

Edited by harry2004

6 hours ago, harry2004 said:

well. six flags almost got a fortnite ride by license the rights

This never happened.  Six Flags never “licensed” those rights.  That was just some crap someone came up with on reddit.