VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hersheypark announces Hershey's Chocolatetown: $150 million expansion opening Summer 2020

Medusa42

Hershey's new entrance is a mess. Its huge which makes the entrance gate lines more chaotic.than before. Also there is compkete lack of shade so the whole entrance plaza and Chocolatetown are baking in the hot sun. They really need shade flys or other shade structures. Both have few saplings planted The new entrance and Chocolatetown are both really ugly  and completely lack charm of the old. The new coaster is good but it does have the PITA lockers instead of station bins. However, unlike GADV, the lockers are free while you ride like Universal which is good of Hershey. 

• Like 1

Were they loading all rows on the coasters? I saw pictures of Candymonium with all rows filled but wasn’t sure if it was just for that ride or for all the coasters.

They filled all the rows on their B&M coasters, both Candymonium and Great Bear, likely because each row is its own car. Fahrenheit was also filling all rows. However, all the other coasters were skipping every other row for a safety gap. Everybso often they would shug a ride down for cleaning. Most of the secondary rides were closed. Only water slides that were open were the mat racers. They sprayed the mats between each use. There were also spraying the inner tubes in the lazy river after each guest was done with their tube. Waiting for park opening in the new entrance is brutal, still have a headache from it. 

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

Thanks for the information and I hope the headache goes away soon, also were they controlling how many people were allowed in the coaster stations or assigning rows? I'm trying to decide if I am going to keep the season pass or get a refund.