VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

1990 GA Commerical - It's a Whole New Adventure

We have been very successful in our recent search through our old video tapes for vintage Great Adventure commercials. We will be sharing many of these with you in the weeks ahead.

In 1990 Great Adventure's marketing efforts targeted families with a new promotional tagline "It's a Whole New Adventure!". Through the use of some very family friendly images and a catchy jingle the new campaign proved to be very effective. Once this song is in your head it's sort of hard to get rid of it- which is exactly the intent of successful marketing.

Personally, this is one of my favorite commercials.

Members can click the image below to view the commercial in our Galleries. (Not a member? Sign up for free now!)

gallery_2_28_36811.jpg

Nice find... I really like ones like these as I was only about 6 at the time and really don't remember much in terms of advertising for the park. i can remember visits, but it is interesting to see how the park was marketed during those times. Kinda reminds me of the direction of the park today with a lot of family friendly imagery being a big focus in the advertising and image of the park.

What exactly did the robot have to do with/in the park as I don't remember anything like that? haha

"Sci Fi" the robot first appeared at the park in 1987 and was used as another source of entertainment greeting, dancing, and "talking" with guests. It was also used in various off-site promotional opportunities.

19890447_small.jpg

gallery_1_143991.jpg

We actually did have the robot from Rocky before we got Sci-Fi. They were built by the same company, and we had Sico as a loaner until Sci-Fi was ready to go. Sico was in Rocky, Days of Our Lives, a Mop & Glo commercial and a bunch of other stuff.

r_Sico1a.jpg

Sci-Fi also had a sister robot, Pulsar, who was at Pulsations night club, just outside of Philly.

We were supposed to also get a GIANT robot which was going to perform at a theater planned for the area behind the Big Wheel.