VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Viper Reimagined

DantheWoman

If something had to get replaced, it'd be Green Lantern. As much as I would be sad to see it go, this replacement more than makes up for it.

It's an enhanced version of the old ride Viper, more smooth and more elements. Plus it'd be enclosed, if that was the case. And maybe it launches you? It'd be a mix of Disaster Transport at Cedar Point and X:/ No Way Out at Thorpe Park.

The storyline goes that a sapient robot is in trouble. While defending his home area from a sentient computer virus, he managed to become infected by his enemy. Your goal is to save the android by volunteering to be shrunk down to a molecular size and injected into the robot's body, where you will fight the virus. "Viper" refers to your ship in the ride.

The layout is similar to that of the original Viper, the trains looking more futuristic and spaceship like, and at least one real loop in there. Projections will be used to display the robot's metallic innards and the virus in his electronic brain, which will taunt you before being destroyed by a few blasts of laser light and you are expelled from the robot's body by way of a warp out.

In the queue there'll be a few minimalistic space designs and you know how Great Adventure would play electronic music in the station, well here we have the song "Ho Humm" by Moloko being played. The storyline will be displayed on video screens throughout the queue.

What do you think of this?

Edited by DantheWoman

Maybe they could bring back Viper as a shuttle coaster. The crazy part is that Premier Rides(who built Chiller among others) bought up the rights to the TOGO rides(like Viper);heck their website features Ultra Twister in the "Ride Maintenance" section. Maybe the new Viper could be a Mr. Freeze clone, but instead of a straight vertical spike, it's an upwards inline twist inside a ringed tower.

• 3 weeks later...

As cool as it sounds, six flags would never make an investment at least as of now that big. Especially since green lantern was just added back in 2011. But I agree, if one ride needed to be replaced it would be Green Lantern.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

OK, so it'd be something like this.

The queue is SF-74's spaceship, the SS Stardust. A video screen people would gather at would display the predicament.

(We hear a female, British-accented voice with a metallic tint to it.)

"The SS Stardust, and possibly the rest of the galaxy, is in trouble. During a fight with computer virus Malefac, our planetary defender SF-74 managed to become infected. I am his mentor Miraje. I ask of you to help me rid SF-74 of this nasty virus, as it has made him hostile and aggressive. Aboard the special spaceship 'Viper,' you will be shrunk down to a molecular level and injected into SF-74's body, where you will confront Malefac directly. If we don't do anything, who knows what SF-74 could do. Please. You are my only ho-"

(SF-74 appears on screen, interrupting Miraje's feed.)

"So Miraje wants me the way I used to be, huh? I don't think so. I love bein' bad. And if you losers try and do anythin' about it, you're toast. Hehehehehe..."

You would board the train, which looks like a green spaceship. The coaster would launch into the regular Viper layout, but surrounded by projections that would depict SF-74's techno-organic insides. The layout would be extended with a few new maneuvers like an actual loop, and you would barrel roll into SF-74's brain, where you would find Malefac. He says:

"Hahahahaha! You're no match for me, weakling!"

Suddenly, the Viper's laser cannons would fire, knocking him out.

"Noooooooo!"

You would beam out of SF-74's body, into a separate unload area where we see Miraje and a newly-healed SF-74 congratulate you on a spectacular mission.

"I am so proud! Thanks to you, SF-74 is back to normal!"

"Ow, my head..."

"Please exit to your left..." (and so on and so forth.)

SF-74 would resemble TOM 2, Miraje would resemble a combination of Sara 1 and Sara 2 (since she has a body, which you see at the end of the ride), and Malefac would resemble Swayzak. When WarnerMedia rebuys Six Flags, this ride would be slightly modified so that the characters are who they were meant to be based on, and the ride name would be changed to "Toonami: Operation TOM." The Viper name for the ship would still stay in the ride. 

BTW, right before Miraje's message starts in the preshow, binary code would appear on screen. When translated, it says, "Warner LeRoy."

• Like 1