VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SFNE's Glow in the Park Parade

29yrswithaGApass

Six Flags New England fans will have to wait a while to see their version of the popular "Glow in the Park" parade which debuted at GA this weekend. Auditions are being held for parade performers on May 30th and 31st and the parade is set to debut "Early Summer 2008" with the hopes of rolling it out at the end of June or the first week in July.

SFNEers- it is worth the wait !

Click here to visit the Six Flags New England home page.

Considering the positive reaction every single person who has seen it has had to the parade, it sounds like SFNE is making out well getting it. Since I have no firsty hand experience with it yet I'll have to reserve judgement on just how lucky they are for now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought someone here said that they shipped some of the floats meant for GAdv to SFNE instead? Like Jetsdevs I have not yet seen the Glow in the Dark Parade yet, so I don't know how lucky SFNE is.

Edited by The Master

I thought someone here said that they shipped some of the floats meant for GAdv to SFNE instead? Like Jetsdevs I have not yet seen the Glow in the Dark Parade yet, so I don't know how lucky SFNE is.

I think at one point it was actually said that the park was going to be getting it's own set of floats and our parade is a mirror of the floats in Mexico so I would imagine any plans or rumors of the floats going were not true.

In terms of the parade I finally saw it last weekend, and believe me it will be a nice addition for them. I hope you get to see ours soon because it really is nothing like anything we have had at the park so far.

• 4 weeks later...

A few new YouTube videos have appeared for the SFNE parade. As expected, it looks basically the same except for the following:

- The pirate ship float is missing

- They make use of two trolley floats

- Their Batmobile is the "newer" version of the car

- Some of their cheerleader characters have beachballs

- Some slight lightning differences

I still like our version of the Batmobile as that version has always been the one I associated with Batman. After that point the vehicle just became way too complex and glitzy for the dark Batman aura. Looks like the park got off to a good start with the parade so that is good!

• 1 month later...