VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Universal Orlando Announces New Park "Epic Universe"

GAcoaster

Next Thursday, August 1st, Universal will be making a BIG announcement from the Orange County Convention Center at 10:00 AM.

Speculation is they will be announcing the new theme park and unveiling their plans for the next four years. The new them park is expected to open in 2023, and will be the first new theme park to open in the US in quite a while.

4 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

I wish Nintendo was bigger, it really deserves its own large area with sub-sections.

I was hoping for a large Legend of Zelda section where you can wander around, climb rocks, fight stuff, and cook random things.  I guess I will have to stick with the National and State parks instead.

• 3 years later...

For those interested in following the progress of the park here are some great people to follow:

Bioreconstruct on Twitter-- does pretty much weekly flyovers of the park under construction as well as all the Orlando parks:

Alicia Stella's Parkstop website is an amazing place to get all the latest info. She does an amazing job digging through permits and trademarks as well as having a network of sources to keep everyone up to date on all the latest for Epic Universe and all the Universal parks. She uses Biorecontruct's aerial photos and creates videos explaining all that's happening, and if you join her Patreon she shares additional info beyond what she shares in the videos:

Sometimes I can't believe all this is happening literally less than two miles from where I live! I almost thought we had seen the last new theme park built in the US, but Universal is all in on building more and more. Comcast has decided they love the theme park business.   

• Like 1

• 6 months later...