VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Welcome Past & Present Show Operations Team Members!

GAcoaster

I guess I should start things off in this thread...

My name is Tom, and I was in Show Ops from 1987-1991.

I primarily worked in On-Grounds Entertainment, but also worked Concerts, Laser Show, Adventure Theater and just about anywhere else in Shows.

I loved my time working at the park, and learned many valuable life lessons which have continued to serve me in every job I have had since leaving GA.

My favorite GA memory (as an employee), the GASM employee party, and riding over and over (when it was still smooth).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I didnt work ops but i had a friend who worked the dive show.One day when we were off and hanging out with the divers we got to go swim in the pool. We climbed up the high dive tower and jumped. I only made it to the first platform i think was 60 ft. All i remember was people yelling from the sky ride to jump. My hats off to the divers who did flips from 100 ft. you guys are nuts. While screwing around in pool that day one of the divers was videoing us. I did a stupid flip twist belly flop and if anyone knows any of the divers from the 95 or 96 season you should see if they have that tape. I swear its funny!

• 4 months later...
Guest warnerleroy

Anybody have any pictures or information on Wardrobe department, I'm interested to learn what happened to those Looneyn Tunes Costumes. :D

Edited by warnerleroy

The Looney Tunes costumes are being used. Periodically the heads are reconditioned and the bodies are replaced (the fur wears out). Worn out costumes are drestroyed because they are copyrighted material and cannot be sold or given away after they have been retired from service.

Guest warnerleroy

Thanks for the info....

p.s.-The picture of Sylvester "eating" Tweety is one of the funniest things on the site. I wonder if the picture can be recreated today.

Edited by warnerleroy

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Dont know how i just discovered this forum.

I didnt work ops but i had a friend who worked the dive show.One day when we were off and hanging out with the divers we got to go swim in the pool. We climbed up the high dive tower and jumped. I only made it to the first platform i think was 60 ft. All i remember was people yelling from the sky ride to jump. My hats off to the divers who did flips from 100 ft. you guys are nuts. While screwing around in pool that day one of the divers was videoing us. I did a stupid flip twist belly flop and if anyone knows any of the divers from the 95 or 96 season you should see if they have that tape. I swear its funny!

If the first platform is the one that is still there for the sealion show, its only 30ft. Just a few weeks ago when me and my coworkers were swimming we got to jump off it and it is kind of scary but once you do it once its not as bad. But like you said i give major props to the divers that did things off that platform and even higher ones!