VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

I understand...Thanks XENITH for clarifying.

I'm happy you're enjoying my aerials, too.  Many of the photos from the recent galleries I have posted are already contained in my BLOG posts, though sometimes are hard to locate.  And some photos I had never posted before.  I figured since I am updating my site in its entirety I would add these new ride/coaster/attraction galleries to my Six Flags Great Adventure page.

Enjoy !!!

P.S.  I have also added new Dorney Park & Hersey Park galleries as well...They can be found HERE.

• Like 2

The article on the Great Adventure main page and Newsletter Articles page about Jersey Devil Coaster disappeared.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/news-articles

Here is cached view of the page before the change:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200426212948/Www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Jersey Devil Coaster still shows up under the What's New tab. Darien Lake & Fiesta Texas have already removed all mention of their 2020 additions and redirected their What's New pages to point to 2019 additions.

Edited by Medusa42

44 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

The article on the Great Adventure main page and Newsletter Articles page about Jersey Devil Coaster disappeared.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/news-articles

Here is cached view of the page before the change:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200426212948/Www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Jersey Devil Coaster still shows up under the What's New tab. Darien Lake & Fiesta Texas have already removed all mention of their 2020 additions and redirected their What's New pages to point to 2019 additions.

So either Six Flags isn’t opening any of their 2020 attractions this year or Six Flags isn’t opening period this year. Is that what we are looking at here?

11 hours ago, harry2004 said:

sixflagsfun gets sent to the gadv prison

As long as they have Sixflags TV he will be happy. Joking aside, hopefully he is doing ok. 

On 5/6/2020 at 7:31 PM, Pineracer said:

Did construction resume this week?

I doubt it with Murphy extending the stay at home order in NJ another month. Most of the summer will likely be lost. 

I'm still grounded and waiting for a chance to do another fly-over (🛩️) of the park, and when I do, I'll post an update to my BLOG with a link here 😀

• Like 1

Hey everyone, it's been a while! I am on schedule to finish the 4/4 site map by the end of the day tomorrow. After that, I have three easy maps with 4/6, 4/7, and 4/10, and then another drone update map for 4/14. After that, I will be aiming to catch up with the construction schedule as it continues tomorrow. 

While doing the 4/4, I was very intrigued to find out that JDC appears to be the first and only RMC coaster to use ONLY steel catwalks! Tons of catwalks have already been staged on the site and all of the pieces are steel, which should look much more intimidating and menacing than the traditional wooden catwalks found on every other coaster from Rocky Mountain.

Edited by XENITH
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nitr0o said:

Hey, has anyone mentioned or know where Roadrunner Railway got relocated to?

Road Runner Railway’s track and supports remain in storage in the staging lot adjacent to Nitro, near where the track and supports for JDC were staged. The coaster’s trains and other mechanical components are being kept under Batman’s transfer track in a general storage facility. 

Edited by XENITH

48 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

I'm really doubt RRR or any of the other removed rides will make it back this year with the budget cuts. 

Right. They may find their way back to the park if the rumors of the 2021 kids area expansion still holds up, but it's probably a safer bet to assume that may be delayed a year or so. 

1 hour ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

Anyone know why construction hasn’t resumed? My guess would be because the crews are still coming back but can anyone confirm?

Potentially. They could also be waiting for their cranes back, since those were most likely returned to the dealer once construction was halted. 

From someone who works in construction, I would guess:

1. As noted above, cranes we're probably sent back and need to arrive back on site. Typically equipment carries a monthly rental cost and the downtime would have been lost money.

2. Many jobs recently have what's referred to as a "week 0" where the focus is just getting things back in place to resume where they left off.

3. Reorganizing the crew which could have been all over the place during the downtime. 

Edited by mkj3322
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 9:54 PM, mkj3322 said:

From someone who works in construction, I would guess:

1. As noted above, cranes we're probably sent back and need to arrive back on site. Typically equipment carries a monthly rental cost and the downtime would have been lost money.

2. Many jobs recently have what's referred to as a "week 0" where the focus is just getting things back in place to resume where they left off.

3. Reorganizing the crew which could have been all over the place during the downtime. 

Hopefully construction starts soon!