VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

On 6/18/2021 at 3:19 PM, Urklore said:

Can someone snap a picture of the harness. Is this big person friendly or another coaster that i can put on my wish list.

Idk if this helps, but I’m six feet tall and the harness felt fine for me.

What do you guys think about the idea that this model was designed for Magic Mountain and then shortened to be put at Great Adventure?

It seems to fit too conveniently with the paths and fountains around MM to not be designed for it. It also seems to have a few more elements, which in my opinion would make JDC a more complete ride as the most common complaints with it are about the second half.

Also, the additional elements, from the look of the placement of the footers and the banking of the track, may be over-banked hills, or some sort of elongated wall-stall that goes around the plaza in front of the station. What do y'all think? This definitely feels like the original design, and what we got feels a lot like the SFA version of the Ride of Steel, but not even as good as that because they took out a few elements.

I wonder if Six Flags will ever give us a unique roller coaster again.

SFMM raptor blueprints.png

SFMM raptor satelite.jpeg

Edited by E0nsAg0

16 minutes ago, E0nsAg0 said:

What do you guys think about the idea that this model was designed for Magic Mountain and then shortened to be put at Great Adventure?

I would agree with that idea.  I think the Magic Mountain layout was designed first and then modified to meet the space restrictions of multiple other Six Flags parks.  I still believe Superman: Ultimate Flight was designed to fit the Whizzer plot of land at Great America even though it opened at Over Georgia first.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately, I don't think the additional elements are going to make the Magic Mountain version that much superior to JDC. Though, there is some speculation that one of the final elements of the Magic Mountain version is a barrel roll, which seems perfect for the slower speed at the end of the ride.

It makes me wish that instead of the zero-g roll on JDC, it was an outer-banked hill (i.e. in the same vein as Twisted Cyclone, and the last element on Pantheon), and the last bunny hill was instead a slow barrel roll into the brakes. An inversion at a slower pace is much more satisfying than an airtime hill, in my opinion.

There's been so many good reviews and write-ups about Jersey Devil here so I just wanted to add one more to the mix.  Here's an article I put together from media day.  Looking forward to your feedback!

Link to article:  The Devil is in the Details | Jersey Devil Coaster That is!

453929955_JerseyDevilCoaster.thumb.jpg.31aed7f12f192e714cf7749ac7a9453e.jpg

Edited by Sluggo77
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, E0nsAg0 said:

Anyone know why JDC is closed nowadays? I thought the RMC inspection was finished and it was back open. Are there more issues with the trains? When do y'all expect it to open?

Stunt Pilot lost a guide wheel assembly during the ride.  The rides are down until RMC figures out why it happened and how to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...