VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

1 hour ago, Nitr0o said:

I've never done a season pass/member preview before, how does it work? Do I just show them my pass at the ride entrance or do I have to reserve a spot through their website? 

Usually you just need to present your pass or membership card to access the area and ride the ride.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Where does it land in your GA favorites hierarchy?

I have to ride a few more times before deciding but it’s for sure up there. Others that have ridden it stated it is their new favorite, or rode multiple times where as they would never ride other rides a few times in a row. 

It is not overly intense, but the perfect amount. Super rerideable as well- it’s just a super fun, balanced ride! Back seat is the way to go! 

10 hours ago, E0nsAg0 said:

How does it compare to the other Raptors you guys have ridden?

I rode WW last June when I visited fiesta. WW was a little more intense but jdc is a lot more overall enjoyable. WW I Got off thinking and not even knowing what I just rode- which don’t get me wrong can be a good thing, but personally I enjoyed jdc more even though it is less intense. 

Question for those who have ridden The Devil: I have been worried about people saying that the restraints on the Raptors are very uncomfortable (they dig into you during airtime moments). Did they feel uncomfortable during the ride or did the lower intensity of the ride help counteract that?

2 hours ago, mattkopp23 said:

Question for those who have ridden The Devil: I have been worried about people saying that the restraints on the Raptors are very uncomfortable (they dig into you during airtime moments). Did they feel uncomfortable during the ride or did the lower intensity of the ride help counteract that?

I found the restraints on Jersey Devil to be just fine during the airtime on the ride, and during the ride in general! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattkopp23 said:

I found them comfortable and very forgiving! I believe they changed the restraints a little since the original raptors. These were seatbelt like material and stretched with the body. I personally had no issues with them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Medusa42 said:

Based on reviews I am seeing on reddit and youtube, the park might have been better off cloning Wonder Woman at Fiesta Texas.

I think if people go in with the expectations of this crazy intense RMC, they may be a little disappointed which granted I did have expectations but after seeing it run, they changed.  Still a good ride if you take it for what it is. 

I’m exhausted. I’m sunburned. And it’s one of the best days I never had at the park. Jersey Devil was awesome, although El Toro and Nitro still reign supreme as the king and queen of the park. I got to ride twice, once in row 4 and once in row 10. The ride is definitely better towards the back, and it delivers a thrilling ride while still maintaining a level of rerideability that a more intense coaster just wouldn’t offer. This is the perfect addition to the park, offering an experience that the general public and enthusiasts alike can enjoy, and it really helps round out the park’s lineup, putting it on par with Hersheypark and placing it at number two only behind Magic Mountain for best coaster collection in the chain.

I also finally got to ride Wonder Woman after having it break down twice while I was on line for it today. Two years after it opened, I get to say that it’s an incredible addition to the park, and it’s my second favorite non-coaster in the park only behind Zumanjaro.

Some additional notes:

-El Toro had some noticeable jackhammering. I know the park staff have figured out how to replicate the prefabricated track, but I think Six Flags should shell out a little money to get Intamin to do a full retrack and return it to its former glory. As it stands right now, Nitro is the clear best coaster in the park until El Toro gets retracked.

-Bizarro was down for most of the day, which was disappointing as I wanted to ride it to see where it stands in the lineup. It’s currently clinging to the last spot in my top 10 roller coasters, and I can’t fairly say it’s out in favor of Jersey Devil until I ride it again.

-Jersey Devil had some technical issues today; it broke down five times with me waiting in line for it, but this is to be expected in its opening year, especially today being its first day. The problem today seemed to be with the restraint system, as ride ops kept having to use a crowbar to get guests off the ride. It was interesting to see how this was handled, as staff made guests who got evacuated from the final break run sign a contract stating they got off the ride safely, as there was some media present and the park didn’t want any guests telling the media that the ride is unsafe. The park gave these guests line-skip passes for their troubles. I honestly found the whole situation humorous.

-Going back to Nitro, it’s gonna take a really special coaster to knock it out of my top spot. The ride experience alone is enough to keep it in my top 5, and then how much the ride has personally meant to me since I first rode it in 2003 really pushes it over the edge. Since no other coaster has that personal importance to me, at least not since Scream Machine’s demise, the ride experience is gonna have to be so good that it can overcome how important of a ride Nitro is for me, and so far, nothing that I’ve ridden have accomplished that. Millennium Force, Maverick, and El Toro are the only three coasters that have even come close. I have to get out to some more parks soon; the only five American coasters I can see having a chance at the crown are Fury 325, Intimidator 305, Steel Vengeance, Velocicoaster, and X2.

• Like 1