VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Spaceship Earth to close for lengthy rehab

29yrswithaGApass

Spaceship Earth is set to close at EPCOT for a lengthy refurbishment on May 26, 2020.  Recently, a new piece of artwork was released for one of the ride's show scenes.

I know the monitors that are used in the cars are only "on" in the load area and during the descent from the top of the ride to unload.  However, it almost looks like the monitors have been removed (or covered) in the rendering.  It will be interesting to see if these will go away and if props and scenery will actually be used once again for the last half of the ride.

spaceship-earth-concept-art-egypt.jpg?re

• Like 1

I hope some of the classic scenes are kept and there are still many traditional audio animatronics. I miss World of Motion and Horizons and liked how at least the first half of Spaceship Earth was similar to those rides.

It would be great to see the monitors gone. I never liked the removal of all the scenes in the 2nd half of the ride and having to just look at the screen and make selections for the video at the end.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...