VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Visiting GA in 2020

29yrswithaGApass

First Visit of 2020  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How soon after Great Adventure opens for 2020 will you visit?

• I’ll be there opening day.
    • The first weekend/week.
    • The first month or so.
    • Later in the summer.
    • Fright Fest.
    • Holiday in the Park.
    • I’ll wait until 2021.

If things get back to business memorial day weekend, depends on budgeting if its still worth to get a season pass and go down to America or go to New England after Legoland New York Opens.

If it's July, I'll probably just wait and go first weekend of Fright Fest (as I haven't done Fright Fest). You know, been 4 years since I rode Ka, get first ride on Jersey Devil, watch Deadman's Party in person. Maybe take off after that. I still plan to study in Madrid, but I want to try and get to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland so I'll start 2021 in Europe and might not get back in America til the second week of June. I'm not going to worry about paying for anything til I get to phase 2 in the fall.

13 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fright Fest is more low-key this year like it was after 9/11.  

We will be lucky if the park even opens in time for FF! Some of the experts are saying the crisis could last 18 months. 

Edited by The Master

I think the park will reopen in July. If we get hit with a second wave, the park might have to close for the season in October. It seems unlikely that we will have a vaccine before 2021.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2020/03/26/daily-202-government-experts-warn-of-a-second-wave-of-coronavirus-cases-as-the-health-system-struggles/5e7c543f88e0fa101a752cd1/

Another NJ attraction, Grounds for Sculpture, announced they may be closed for the next 3 to 5 months. That they have canceled all of their programming and events through June 30th. This gives us an idea of what to expect for other NJ attractions such as GAdv. Really nothing in NJ can reopen until Gov Murphy lifts his closure order, which he probably won't rush into. 

Edited by The Master

Moreys Piers has postponed opening until Mother's Day weekend, if Murphy allows it. Unforunately politics snd agendas will influence and likely delay decisions for the various states to lift their closure orders. Some governors are  using their shutdown orders as an opportunity to push their agendas. 

Edited by The Master

15 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

So the president said there will be 30 more days of guidelines. I think the park will open in mid May because in two weeks, they will start peaking the virus down soon.

I'd love to see that be the case but I think it's very wishful thinking. The virus will continue to spread to less-dense areas even if it begins to slow down in our big cities, which will draw out the public health crisis. Many events in June are already cancelled around the country, so I'd place late June as the absolute earliest GAdv opens.

• 2 weeks later...