VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo TR: June 7th & 8th, 2008

29yrswithaGApass

Here are some random shots from this past weekend:

I don't usually take the NJ Turnpike to the park but enjoyed seeing this on Sunday!

gallery_2_28_125769.jpg

You couldn't pay me enough to dress up like this in near 100 degree weather!

gallery_2_28_193971.jpg

Just in time for the heat.. they're back!

gallery_2_28_356757.jpg

Discovery Bay was open except for the front portion of the wading pool.

gallery_2_28_120264.jpg

Turbo Bungy has been removed from Hurricane Harbor and replaced with a dining area.

gallery_2_28_571453.jpg

The park looks great from above and on the ground!

gallery_2_28_226394.jpg

gallery_2_28_66718.jpg

gallery_2_28_86825.jpg

gallery_2_28_402029.jpg

gallery_2_28_350399.jpg

gallery_2_28_171118.jpg

gallery_2_28_255127.jpg

gallery_2_28_15430.jpg

gallery_2_28_54246.jpg

Blondie put on a great show on Sunday despite the heat! Debbie Harry gave it her all.

gallery_2_28_119432.jpg

gallery_2_28_330877.jpg

gallery_2_28_192205.jpg

gallery_2_28_72295.jpg

gallery_2_28_461103.jpg

gallery_2_28_84286.jpg

gallery_2_28_329942.jpg

Skyride and Big Wheel pics. always give a great perspective with the coasters above the treetop's. Did you happen to notice anything going on at Houdini with that section of fence that was missing last Friday?

Unfortunately, they just removed sod and the curb so that the carts could be moved back to make room on the parade route.

gallery_2_311_500403.jpg

Did they play "Union City". Blondie played a show at CBGB two days before closing, and my mom and sister were up at the stage (my dad got them up front thugh a back door, he was one of the managers), but I was at Great Adventure! See the irony?

Thank you sir. I figured it was something for a cart or a new stand. I was just hoping for a sign of life at Houdini

The fact that they are just moving the fence rather than walling it off is still a good sign for it.

Moving those carts back with the Parade coming through there was necessary. I noticed they moved all the benches on the other side of the fountain too, making the path as wide as possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen in more places, like the Movietown gate area which is another bottleneck.

Thanks for taking pics Harry! I haven't had my camera with me latley. I saw one of the Dark Knight billboards on the NJ side of the Ben Franklin Bridge on the way from Dorney.

I had a couple of peaceful visits on the past two Sundays. On the first, I waited an hour wait for Nitro and an hour for TDK for a couple of really good rides on both. I took my first night time ride on the skyride in years, right before the parade. I went for a nice walk-on dark ride on The Log Flume, which I haven't had in years. It reminds me of the days when I used to come at night on my days off to ride some flats. I finished the night with walk-on night rides on El Toro and Rolling Thunder.

I chose between the waterpark and Safari this past Sunday. I went in the Safari because I was with a friend who had never been to either park and I didn't want to try Hurricane Harbor if it was crowded. It was a tough call as the water park didn't look terribly crowded, but after a day near 100 degrees at Dorney, preceeded by a day of cutting grass in the same weather, I was done with the heat. So were the animals! It had been 6 years since I drove my car through the park. After a night in Ocean City, I felt it couldn't get any more NJ than this. The animals all hung out in their respective ponds and under the trees. The only movement we saw were the brown bears and their baby cubs playing in a pond. There was a hornEy auodad who almost ran into a mustang. There were hardly any cars in there at 12 noon and I was free to switch lanes as I pleased. The lions were hard to spot and the tigers were all passed out, but we're going to go through the Safari again on a cooler day in the Fall. We were going to take a spin on GASM, Parachutes and Rolling Thunder, but we saw taht the crew was doing such a horrible job at racing the trains from teh Exploration Station that we figured we would spare the hour of heat and come back another, cooler day.