VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I emailed the park and was told it was 6 to 11. I don't know why they just didn't put the hours on the park's website. This week alone I have heard the hours were 6 to 9, 6 to 10 and 6 to 11.

Edited by Yoshi

Yeah it ended up being 6 to 10, I don't know why they told me in the e-mail yesterday it was 6 to 11. Apparently others thought it was 6 to 11 too since people were going to rides past 10, only to see the entrances closed off. I agree it would have been better if they posted it somewhere. It wasn't on the website at all and it's like they decided on the hours at the last minute.

Last night was interesting in the park. Hardly anyone was there, probably less than 200 cars and the walkways were empty. Then the skies opened up and all coasters closed except TDK and Skull Mountain and there was flooding in some spots. I was surprised the park didn't close early but I left once the rain let up since it started again shortly after I left the park..

Processing was really fast this year, it took less than 30 seconds with lots of stations open even with no line. Hopefully I'll be using the 2013 pass in March next year instead of April (since Easter is early next year).

Edited by Yoshi

How much was your season pass? I'm debating getting one for next season which is he same thing I did last season! LOL!! :banana2:

It was $59.99 (SP Premium Renewal - Includes Hurricane Harbor) and 56.07 for parking. That came to $116.06 or $124.18 with tax.

Ok, not bad. Did you notice how much parking was? I'll probably get one like I usually do. However the number of my visits to the park during the season have gone down considerably. In years past it was almost every weekend but now it's maybe 5 times a season IF that!

I hate to say this... Only 10 days left in the 2012 operating season!

I can't believe it is going to be the offseason in less than 3 weeks. It seems like it was just April and the season was just starting. It's going to be a long 5 months :(

Whoops, I totally missed seeing that the parking price was in there! That's what happens when you're checking this site while working! Sorry!

The Six Flags Great Adventure 2012 Season is almost over! I can't believe this year past by so fast. Just yesterday, I was training for the Green Lantern along with 40 other people, and now, there are barely 20 workers with two weeks left in the season. lol This season has had plenty of ups and downs. Regardless, I enjoyed every bit of it! All of my coworkers have made my second season here, the best! I also want to thank my friends from Great Adventure Online and GreatAdventureHistory.com for making this 2012 season, full of new adventures! I'm going to miss all of you during the off season. I'll be back for my third season. Those who are not coming back next year, I wish you guys the best! Those who will return, along with new employees, let's make the 2013 Season, better than the last! "Go BIG! GO Six Flags!" -240 Lantern Swag

Edited by batmanrobinchiller

It looks like the park is expecting major crowds tomorrow. Every coaster has trash cans and ropes set up for overflow queues, even rides that already are a few hours wait with a full queue like Superman. Thankfully tonight they aren't needed. Other than Green Lantern everything else is 10 minutes or less.

It looks like the park is expecting major crowds tomorrow. Every coaster has trash cans and ropes set up for overflow queues, even rides that already are a few hours wait with a full queue like Superman. Thankfully tonight they aren't needed. Other than Green Lantern everything else is 10 minutes or less.

Sounds like we may be seeing those "Park is Crowded Today" signs tomorrow.