VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

4 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

The merger hasn't happened yet, so this is a purely Six Flags decision nothing to do with Cedar Fair. 

I'm guessing attendance has been below expectations and revenue is down. They'll be posting their quarterly numbers soon and we'll know more. 

They probably are already occuring costs for the merger or trying to build up cash reserves for it by cutting costs now.

if their attendance is lower than they expected, these additional cuts will help keep their attendance low and deserving so. Things at the park are so bad I have zero desire to return anytime soon. Many others feel the same as I see a lot of similar complaints to mine online for this season. Sad to say that the park's 50th year is going to be a dud at best. 

11 hours ago, harry2004 said:

I wonder if Jolly Roger, tango & zumjaro will make a come back, maybe next year

Bigger question is will we make a comeback to GADV. 

1 hour ago, Great Adventurer said:

I wonder what features will be at the party?, a lounge?, a museum?, a new version of the happening show?, anything?

Edited by harry2004

Screamscape has posted some bad news for Six Flags Over Texas that doesn't bode for other SF parks like GADV. https://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_over_texas.htm

(5/20/2024) A little bad news has come to light for Six Flags over Texas fans… especially those who like to visit on a quiet Tuesday. According to the current operational calendar posted on the park’s website, while they will start the busy season open 7 days a week, starting on Tuesday, June 18th and every Tuesday for the remainder of the summer, the park will be closed. This means that from mid June through to August 10th, the park will only maintain a 6-day a week operational schedule. Then as the school season kicks in early, things get much worse the week of August 11th when the park will stay closed on that sunday, and then move to a weekend only schedule for the remainder of the summer, with the exception of being open on Monday, Sept. 2nd for Labor Day.

Edited by The Master