VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

21 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

Things have a history of being planned/announced and then either being cut back or cut completely. 

if so, im interested what were the contexts for the planned/announced things because I wanna see it, sure we have the spotlights but I want to see what the not made spotlights are about, I want to be interested in the cyclone, flightboard 5d, whale stadium, safari boat tours, Neptunes restaurant & antiques & crafts center

Edited by harry2004

We're interested in all that stuff too, the problem is quite often all we have is a mention of it or a vague artists rendering. We can't give any more info than what we have. Sometimes we get lucky and find more or are sent something we didn't have before and suddenly we can flesh out a spotlight. 

A perfect example of this was the boats which until recently we simply had on early renderings: https://www.greatadventurehistory.com/PBNBBoats74.htm

We had only seen renderings until we got pictures of one of the actual boats (which were never actually installed in the park) 

• Like 1

I have a question, is the whole premium experience era considered a new dark age for six flags like the family friendly era of six flags from 2008 was (that included things like closing the old country area)

Edited by harry2004

Depends if it makes the parks better or not. In the short term it seems like a failure, but it takes time to implement a change in direction for a big company. And every "era" for the park has had it's good points and bad points. The Red Zone era so a lot of rides removed and areas closed, but it also saw the introduction of the Glow in the Park Parade, and while Mark Kane was running things at the park level they made HUGE strides in improving the guest experience overall. 

Currently I keep reading positive reports about how the park is cleaner than it's been in years, and the experience we had last fall with the food for Oktoberfest was surprisingly good. With so many things change is both good and bad depending on what you value and what you prioritize. 

Next year will be the real deciding factor if the new leadership for the company and the park is successful.  

• Like 2

Six Flags passes went on sale today and I decided to buy a Diamond level pass for the first time.

I actually didn't expect these passes to go on sale until September, and since I was looking to go to the park sometime this week (I didn't have a pass previously), I was planning on buying a one day ticket with parking included, but ultimately decided against it due to having an ongoing health issue that would make going to any theme park not very fun.

Turns out the Diamond pass via this Flash sale was only $20 more at the end than a day ticket with general parking. Needless to say, I'm very glad I waited.

Edited by Tower

Anyone know what the deal is with the souvenir bottles? I purchased a diamond pass a couple days ago and when I went to the park they told me that the offer for 2023 expired already. Anyone know when they start selling souvenir bottles for next season?

The fact that they aren't already selling them is kind of ridiculous. They should be putting them on sale the moment the Flash sale starts.

im wondering about the glow in the park parade floats, did they still has those, because I thinking that six flags can bring back the parade, I mean, if six flags great adventure can bring back oktoberfest, why not glow in the park?

Edited by harry2004

• 1 month later...

Made to Thrill has teamed up with Six Flags for a new line of merchandise!

His work is AMAZING, and I can't wait to see what he did for each park. I'm going to go broke...

If you're not familiar, check out his website:

https://madetothrill.com/

I have several of the prints, and a few pins and patches from MTT already, and the official line he did for Cedar Fair Parks is amazing. Lot's of retro/past attraction stuff and logos! This will be awesome for the 50th! 

• 1 month later...

Sadly it seems like a new trend in the industry. SEAS has been adding a 5% surcharge to food and merchandise purchases since last year and raising prices in addition to the surcharge. I was looking a shot glass at Sea World last month and a few had $12.99 stickers on them when most had $14.99 stickers covering the $12.99 price.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...